Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 had aftermarket amp/speakers and brought back to factory..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question 997 had aftermarket amp/speakers and brought back to factory..

friend recently got a 997 coupe, there is an Amp under the pass seat and the prior owner cut the wires and i assume had an aftermarket amp wired up and used factory wiring to power the aftermarket speakers.

anywho, the wires are all are "tapped"... but all of the wires going into the amp are cut except the power and ground..

i was going to just help him solder them each.. BUT there is what seems to be double the amount of wires than what goes into the amp (better said, what comes out of the amp)

i.e. there are 2 "green with black line" wires coming out of the amp. but 4 in the loom of wires..

is this something I should even mess with, it seems very simple but i'm not sure why there are so many extra wires.. the loom looks factory...
Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i assume these are all speaker wires (+/-) for each speaker... anyone have a diagram? i get sound currently from 2 speakers but obviously the amp is not powering them, just the headunit (very meek and quiet)..
i guess the owner/shop just spliced out the amp... but not sure where the extra wires would go.. is there another clip of wires in the amp on other hidden side?

Quick Reply: 997 had aftermarket amp/speakers and brought back to factory..