Sponsored by:

Drive off assistant failure after durametric service reset

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Drive off assistant failure after durametric service reset

Anybody experienced this occurence. I reset the service warning using durametric and after the dash light went back on, the drive off assistant failure warning came out together with a warning beep. However, i turned off the ignition and pulled out duramteric cable and upon staring the warning was out and never occured again. Have not checked for faults yet, nut has anybody experienced this? Cause for concern using durametric and version 6? Cable update needed?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would assume that your cable is fine and version good. I suspect that there was a computer (car) glitch that would have probably reset itself the next time you started your car. I have not had this happen in my Porsche, but I have had it happen in other cars (saab, bmw). I do have to admit I do not even know what drive off assistant is, so take my post for what its worth, not much.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Drive off assistant is the feature that prevents the car from rolling down or up when coming from stop on an incline. It activates the brakes for a short period of time till you can step on the gas to move.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The Durametric 'service reset' method is to do a full hard reset of the engine system/ module that maintains the interval data - so that it resets that value to the factory default (which is the major service interval 2/yr or 20kmi on my 997.2 from 2009). With that, a bunch of other things may light up as they all need to reset and re-adjust to the operational state.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:03 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What model and year of car?

I'm using ver 6.3.2.5 with Pro cable. Never had your experience on any of the 3 cars I service (997.2, 991, Cayenne diesel). I'm betting a glitch but it may be prudent to run a full scan of all fault codes in all modules just in case.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Stronbl, car is a 2010 and i just bought the cable new from durametric. However it is only an enthu version. Your suggestion is right on brother. I ran a short test on all modules and i had all these errors on psm, pdk, instrument cluster...i erased them and they were erased. After running a day i rechecked with a short test and still no faults. However,! Now i notice when i do a short test the dash beeps and says "psm in test mode" or something like that and another beep that says "drive off assistant failure". I certainly hope using the cable did not cause a malfunction, which i doubt can be done by the enthusiast cable. But some might understand what is happening. Im trying to coordinate this with owen and his last response was they are familiar with the psm message but not the drive off assistant failure message. No other response from him so far.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Do you have any anti-virus scanner/blocker apps enabled on the notebook. Although DM doesn't specify that we suspend these types of apps... some ECU remapping apps require it. Something to consider. GL
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM
PhilD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, do you have knives in your house? If I worried as much as you I'd throw away all the knives in my house in case I fell, knocked open a drawer, and impaled myself on a butter knife.

Just kidding

When it tests the PSM module, that module is offline, so it wouldn't surprise me for anything related to it to pop a dash message up. If there are no codes there, do not worry about beeps, temporary dash messages, or butter knives.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My 997.2 is 2010 also. Agree on the comments above on PSM warning due to offline, but I don't get the drive off assistant failure one, never have, so I'm not sure how it gets triggered. Owen is usually good and quick. Good luck.

One thing to test, are you running the Durametric off battery and flashers only? If so, you might try starting the car and running it and do a few tests of actual values in a module or two and then turn it off and disconnect. Curious if you get the same drive off issue after having run the car.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Well right now i am just waiting for owens response to this. Car is working flawlessly. No faults but i hope there would be a better explaination why it seems i have the only occurence of the drive off assistance failure. There might be a canle problem or an update requirement.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:54 PM
SDCLTD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the exact same 'Drive Off Assistant' failure occur every time I run that same test [for years]. Yet, no fault code and it appears to reset correctly everytime. I have the "Pro Cable" with Durametric - I doubt it's your cable. BTW: Mine is a 997.2 Turbo S.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Jhagen51155
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Off Assistant Failure

I have a 2010 Turbo. I got that same message resetting the oil service interval using a iCarsoft Por II. I tried to reset the oil service interval a second time and the message flashed again. I’ve been driving the car for a week not with no apparent problems. Today I rescanned the car and had no codes.

Quick Reply: Drive off assistant failure after durametric service reset