Sponsored by:

GTS Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
I sold my boat last week within 24 hours of placing an ad in Craigslist. I placed the ad at 9:30 AM, the buyer called at 11:00 AM and drove an hour to see my boat. The next morning he showed up with $5,000 in cash and he wired the balance into my account after a sea trial and no survey. He bought the boat "as is" and drove it down to his home port. Easy Peasy. I was initially shocked and a bit saddened after having 5 boats since 1978, but now I'm thinking about how much I have not been using the boat and I'm happy.
And the object lesson here is that it (the boat) seems to have been priced appropriately. (That is what you were willing to accept was about equal to what someone was willing to pay. I had the same experience selling my '08 C2S, had to turn away so many people that I felt bad about it.)

(And, I just want to be clear that this is not a criticism of the length of time the GTS in this post has been for sale. What someone is asking for their car or how long it is on the market is none of my business - unless I'm interested in buying it it, which in this case I am not.)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:31 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
And the object lesson here is that it (the boat) seems to have been priced appropriately. (That is what you were willing to accept was about equal to what someone was willing to pay. I had the same experience selling my '08 C2S, had to turn away so many people that I felt bad about it.)

(And, I just want to be clear that this is not a criticism of the length of time the GTS in this post has been for sale. What someone is asking for their car or how long it is on the market is none of my business - unless I'm interested in buying it it, which in this case I am not.)
I did my research and priced it according to what boats like mine were selling for. I had spoken with a boat broker the week before and he gave me a price that I felt was too low. I got 20% more than he said I could get plus I didn't have to pay the 10% broker commission. The price was still attractive and the boat was very clean and well maintained.

I'm still shocked over how lucky I got to be at the right place at the right time, for once.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I need to sell it, I'll sell it to a dealer. In the mean time, if someone want to make an offer, I'll be listening. Since I've had no offers, other than from the dealer, I have no idea what it's worth. Only a buyer will tell me and I've yet to find one to look at it to consider making an offer. Standing by, glad you're enjoying the video.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:07 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sold

Sold

Quick Reply: GTS Video