Sponsored by:

Question: TPMS Battery Failed, Suggestions on Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Question: TPMS Battery Failed, Suggestions on Replacement

Anyone have thoughts/advice on tyre pressure monitors? My right rear seems to have gone flat (battery, not tyre) during my recent 7 week absence. The other three only have 4-6 months of battery life according to the Durametric readout.

Error codes I'm getting are 800B: Wheel electronics rear right, and 8003: system disturbance.

Looking at buying a cheaper third party set instead of OEM and installing when I get around to buying a set of Michelin PSS.

Am keen to know what others have done in this situation.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:37 AM
cjjones
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't help you with advice on sensors but what version of Durametric do you have? I am looking to get my hands on one...want to make sure I can read sensor errors as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:10 AM
c4s911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS replacements

I found PILOT brand as a good replacement at much less cost and work just fine. No problem having them read on our cars system
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Sensors from OEWheels have worked well for me. The Durametric Pro tool will report remaining months. I installed the set of OEWheels sensors about 7 months ago when I added after market Champion wheels and MPSS tires. The DM Pro tool reported 80 months remaining a few weeks back when I checked it.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks guys, appreciate the responses. You've confirmed my course of action is sound.

Originally Posted by cjjones
I can't help you with advice on sensors but what version of Durametric do you have? I am looking to get my hands on one...want to make sure I can read sensor errors as well.
I was using a Pro kit, but an Enthusiast kit would have worked fine for this case as I was not altering anything, just reading information.

You can see the difference between the two here.

Quick Reply: Question: TPMS Battery Failed, Suggestions on Replacement