997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second time on a flatbed in a month

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014 | 06:18 PM
tbrom
Racer

Well I guess we can put the "paranoia" thought to bed now. How many PDK failures - that was the question to me - ummmm I haven't researched it and I bet neither had the guy that gave me the razz on paranoia. I've heard that 6speedonline has some records of PDK failures too. MYW is telling you guys some info on it he's gathered - not paranoia BS. We all would like to think the Porsche is doing well by us and it just indicates one thing to me in my search - CPO or warranty is a MUST. But then I've known that for a while and it really didn't take this forum to beat that into me, but I will say that since I've been on this forum it surely has told me I am right to seek a car with a warranty.

I am very sorry for Sandwedge and this chap as well. I hope that things are rectified soon for them both. I can't imagine having 1100 miles on a new 991 and these lights coming on - I hope it is minor as I suspect them all to be - electronic and not mechanical.

Good luck to you both! Sorry to hear this news. Now should I get a manual or PDK, mmmmm???? I wonder.
Old 03-18-2014 | 06:25 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

i certainly absolutely hope not.

Originally Posted by KNS
Isn't the recent GM recall regarding ignition switches and stalling the result of 12 deaths?
Old 03-18-2014 | 11:22 PM
vern1
Race Car

Originally Posted by tbrom
Well I guess we can put the "paranoia" thought to bed now. How many PDK failures - that was the question to me - ummmm I haven't researched it and I bet neither had the guy that gave me the razz on paranoia. I've heard that 6speedonline has some records of PDK failures too. MYW is telling you guys some info on it he's gathered - not paranoia BS. We all would like to think the Porsche is doing well by us and it just indicates one thing to me in my search - CPO or warranty is a MUST. But then I've known that for a while and it really didn't take this forum to beat that into me, but I will say that since I've been on this forum it surely has told me I am right to seek a car with a warranty.

I am very sorry for Sandwedge and this chap as well. I hope that things are rectified soon for them both. I can't imagine having 1100 miles on a new 991 and these lights coming on - I hope it is minor as I suspect them all to be - electronic and not mechanical.

Good luck to you both! Sorry to hear this news. Now should I get a manual or PDK, mmmmm???? I wonder.
Yup that seals it! A certifiable epidemic of PDK failures based on 2 systems that have "failed" for reasons unknown

I really don't know what your point is here?? If a warranty will make you happier than by all means buy one but I suspect (no actually I will guarantee) the vast majority will do just fine without one. Same as the IMS issue

Notice the guy who posted the most recent "failure" (maybe its the battery?) has 5 posts? Again comes back to my earlier point re inflated sense of problems in some cases

Or just get a manual - way more fun anyways!
Old 03-19-2014 | 04:51 AM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Porschey,
Can you give some background to the issue, were you driving when it happened ?
Did you just start the car ? Had it been parked for some time ? What have you done to resolve it ?

Quick Reply: Second time on a flatbed in a month