Sponsored by:

Porsche Sport Mode Software vs Softronic/EVOMSit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 AM
dddd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Sport Mode Software vs Softronic/EVOMSit

I am new to the world of 911's and looking to buy my first used (i mean pre- owned) 911 4S 6speed manual with PASM, PSE, and SCP features being my must have options. I am still debating between the 997.1 and 997.2 (have test driven both as well as the 991... all different but excellent in their own way and I read that the 997.2 is .1 second faster in 0-60 than the 997.1

As I look at cars, it is likely that I will have to either add PSE or SCP or both after delivery. It is less expensive to add SCP vs PSE, so have been trying to find cars with at least PSE. So, I was wondering if you had the choice between
Porsche Sports Mode Software verses one of the after market tunes such as Softronic or EVOMSit which would you get? Which would provide greater performance? The price seems to be about the same. Ideally I would like to keep it 100% Porsche, however performance (faster, etc) is a higher priority. Thanks.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=CarreraSSport

http://sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=150

http://www.softronicsoftware.com/997...ance-software/
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

if you want to _buy_ Porsche sport mode - softronic is way better deal.
the only problem with softronic may be related to annual tech inspections - depending of where you live government now forces checks to see if car runs on native software so you may need to flash back stock ECU code before you go for new sticker.

if you track car - softronic gives you way better torque curve as it ignores post-cat O2 sensors and run engine hotter and uses all available air your engine is capable to pump through, so, 200 cell cats plus softronic flash is a combo to have.
any stock software willl still be restricted by EPA standards and you will not get max power from the motor with it.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A flash will give you the more sensitive throttle but not all the other functions that come with chrono

I bought my car new - located one with the right color and options so I didn't have to wait for a build. It did not have PSE - I added it the week the car arrived. No big deal
Old 01-23-2014, 02:16 AM
dddd
Intermediate

Thanks 'utkinpol', reloading back to stock is a nice feature
Old 01-23-2014, 02:17 AM
dddd
Intermediate

I hear ya 'robbonds' in that I will add to ever I buy to make it sound like it should

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Mode Software vs Softronic/EVOMSit