Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 gts wheels silver outline thickness

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks Great. I've always felt that the outline / ring is a must for black rims!

Just to share my experience to get better result for the outline... I went to a professional print shop to laser-cut a set of high-quality-outdoor-stickers that are the size of the ring:

-first attempt was to just put the stickers on the black plastic-dipped rims. Looked perfect, but they came off pretty quickly after a few sprite drives (probably would have stayed if it's on the originally aluminium surface).

- then I removed all the ring stickers. There were left over of sticker (inner circle of the stickers), so I used them as masking tapes to put on the rim - perfectly rounded, then spray-paint over the plastic-dipped rim. The result was pretty good. Probably would be better if I had been more patient when spray-painting.

It's been about 3 months now and still looking good.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM
juan cortes
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Psymon
Looks Great. I've always felt that the outline / ring is a must for black rims!

Just to share my experience to get better result for the outline... I went to a professional print shop to laser-cut a set of high-quality-outdoor-stickers that are the size of the ring:

-first attempt was to just put the stickers on the black plastic-dipped rims. Looked perfect, but they came off pretty quickly after a few sprite drives (probably would have stayed if it's on the originally aluminium surface).

- then I removed all the ring stickers. There were left over of sticker (inner circle of the stickers), so I used them as masking tapes to put on the rim - perfectly rounded, then spray-paint over the plastic-dipped rim. The result was pretty good. Probably would be better if I had been more patient when spray-painting.

It's been about 3 months now and still looking good.
What Was The outline thickness you use?

Quick Reply: 997 gts wheels silver outline thickness