Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I'm not sure a 911 is going to work out for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014 | 12:42 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AP997S
IMHO I think you have the right car and the wrong wife.
+1

A re-evaluation is needed to determine if said wife has the right ring on her finger or not. Perhaps a lesser, safer, less attractive to a thief sort of ring would suffice. Other, similar examples can come to mind too.

Sorry, not going to just nod and accept "... it is what it is."
Old 01-25-2014 | 12:42 AM
Perk10
Pro

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
being married isn't as bad as everyone makes it to be.

I'm married with one kid. My wife let me buy my porsche last month, let me keep the mazdaspeed3 I had before that, let's me do track days on the ninjazx6r, lets me buy all the mods I want for all three and finally, I am allowed to buy a second motorcycle of my choice. She even said "I can park the family SUV outside if you need more room in the garage"
Old 01-25-2014 | 10:07 AM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Jeez, google 'beta male'.

I initially was looking at Caymans and showed some pics to the wife.

Her "Where are the rear seats, for the kids?"

Me "The Cayman is a two-seater."

Her "Doesn't Porsche make a car with rear seats?"

Me "Yes, yes they do."

See my signature ...
Old 01-25-2014 | 11:53 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ynot
Blah, I got my 911 when I had two small boys, I have 3 kids now. My wife knows I love cars and she knows I will tell her, "Don't let the door hit you on your way out," if she doesn't let me buy what I want with my own money. But my wife would never do anything like that b/c like my 911, I picked my wife wisely.
Originally Posted by AP997S
IMHO I think you have the right car and the wrong wife.
Originally Posted by yemenmocha
+1

A re-evaluation is needed to determine if said wife has the right ring on her finger or not. Perhaps a lesser, safer, less attractive to a thief sort of ring would suffice. Other, similar examples can come to mind too.

Sorry, not going to just nod and accept "... it is what it is."
Well said

I think you need to sit down with the wife and have a discussion. Communication is everything! Most people are just afraid of what they don't understand so discuss and educate her on 911's

Tell her about the engineering in every porsche and tell her that these cars are designed for the autobahn ( explain to her about the no speed limits) then tell her that Porsche's have stricter crash standards than Japanese and American Cars. I did that to a ex- girlfriend and it worked...
Old 01-25-2014 | 11:56 AM
Volnomad
Racer

Originally Posted by DHC
Jeez, google 'beta male'.

I initially was looking at Caymans and showed some pics to the wife.

Her "Where are the rear seats, for the kids?"

Me "The Cayman is a two-seater."

Her "Doesn't Porsche make a car with rear seats?"

Me "Yes, yes they do."

See my signature ...
DHC, that's funny! Or, were you just being sly? Let it be her idea...
Old 01-25-2014 | 01:47 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Why does the second car have to be a truck? Most wives love minivans. While a minivan may be the death of joy for an enthusiast driver, they can be nearly indispensable for a family with young kids. Just think of the access you'd have to those cars seats, not to mention the fact that when all of the seats are removed, a minivan can haul as much stuff as a pickup truck...without the worry of weather exposure. They come with all-wheel drive, too...and can be had for reasonable money. They even operate more cheaply, and are often more highly-rated (than pickup or SUVs) for crash safety. If hanging on to your wife is truly a priority, you should at least consider a minivan...
Agreed my wife loves her mini-van, we will trade it in for another. I told her how about a GL Mercedes and she wants a Minivan, once you have one they are hard to get rid of. I have 3 kids, twin 8 year old boys, and a 4 year old girl, they love the Minivan. My brother has 3 kids as well, he decided when he got rid of his minivan to get an Explorer, then an H2, then an Acura MDX, followed by a Suburban, then an Escalade, Toyota Sequoia, and now about 3 years later sucked it up and is back to a Mini-van. Thankfully they were all bought used so the hits were not as big.
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:40 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

If for some ungodly reason I had to drive a minivan, even for 10 minutes, I'd be very depressed!

One of the many blessings of marrying later in life….at least from my POV!!

Tom
Old 01-25-2014 | 04:45 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44
If for some ungodly reason I had to drive a minivan, even for 10 minutes, I'd be very depressed!

One of the many blessings of marrying later in life….at least from my POV!!

Tom
I hear you, can not beat it with 3 kids though.
Old 01-25-2014 | 06:14 PM
targaC4S
Instructor

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin

I hear you, can not beat it with 3 kids though.
I don't know about that. I can fit 3 kids inside a Tahoe no problem and not have to worry about if someone I know will see me.
Old 01-26-2014 | 10:44 PM
E in Phila
Advanced

man up and stop being such a raging pussbag

Quick Reply: Well, I'm not sure a 911 is going to work out for me