Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ti Lug Bolts from Poggipolini... no more rusty lug bolts!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

They look great.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

They look great. Can they be torqued to the same specs as the OEM lugs, and do they hold the torque? I seem to recall some discussion that the titanium bolts may not be as good as the OEM in that regard, but have to facts on hand to prove that claim.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

The lug bolt issue is an interesting one. Weight savings really isn't a benefit although at least it's not heavier so it's not a detriment either.

The only reason to install these is appearance and personally I like the look. Unfortunately with the current Porsche setup of using bolts instead of nuts we rely on the bolt to have the proper strength to keep the wheels in place at speed. That significantly reduces the materials that can be used. If you look at Tikore's website you'll see that Titanium has nearly the same shear strength as the steel lugs and one of the only options that offers decent corosion resistance. S/S wouldn't come close unfortunately otherwise it would be a good alternative.

I prefer TiKore since they look like the originals and something that Porsche should have used from the get go.

Quick Reply: Ti Lug Bolts from Poggipolini... no more rusty lug bolts!