Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alt Reasons for Owning a Porsche....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 581 Likes on 348 Posts

its awesome to see peoples shocked faces upon realization that the the truck is in the front.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Turquoise Blue probably adds to the issue too!

Tom
How about an even trade...your turquoise blue for my arctic silver, might make things easier for you

I have come across two types of people in Toronto...those that look at your car and say good for you and others that think you're a douche because of what you drive.

People on the highway will either stay far away because they don't wanna bump into you and have their insurance go up due to how expensive they think is is to repair these cars and others who want to race you and will try everything under the sun to coax you to gun it.

I bought the car (my first P-car, first sports car, first rear wheel drive) because it's an awesome car at a reasonable price. It's compact, fun & has great history for a quality sports car without being over the top. The Indy dealer that I got the car from has the cream of the sports car crop and wanted to sell me a Ferrari for a tad bit more but do I want to be paranoid about putting on miles or do I wanna go out and have the time of my life everytime I drive this beast? Time of my life it was
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Showing off,boulevard cruising,valet in front parking,C&C car,reving at stop light,drag racing,status car,2 spots mall parking :icon507:

Last edited by neanicu; 08-31-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Wifey used to ask me to make last minute grocery runs for whatever ingredients were missing for her to prep our family dinners. Now I beg her to let me make those last minute grocery runs. Funnest "grocery getter" in the neighborhood.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Because I like driving, And I like cars.
Drove a lovely Lexus the other day. Quiet, powerful, and comfy.
Too isolated, I want the bumps, I want the grindy brakes, I want the Pop of the flat six.
Its cold outside, I still crack the window to listen.
I need two cars, and have four. Would I buy a new one? No.
I would buy another well priced used one. I'm not done yet.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:57 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

997 Toronto....what a sport you are!! Selflessness personified!

Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 04:44 PM
ppbon
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
Back in the day, my folks went through 3 Beetles with 6 kids.
Me (#5 and my bro #6) spent our youngest years in the back parcel compartment.
So until I was 6, I sat over top and listened to the drone of an air cooled flat 4.
It's permanently burned into my brain so it just seemed to be a natural progression.
Oh & btw, I'm researching Beetles now.
My parents had a couple of VW Beetles and 5 kids.
I also listened to the symphony in flat 4 as I sat in the cubby behind the seats.
It could get quite hot in the summer.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
its awesome to see peoples shocked faces upon realization that the the truck is in the front.
My wife just noticed that the other day when I was putting my gym bag in the frunk. I've had the car for a month now and she had no idea
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by swordsmn
So does the 15 yo ever get to exercise his learner's permit with dad in the p-car?
Or did you already buy him a budget BMW Z4 :-)
(I'm thankful my daughters are 25 & 30!)
Not yet! He doesn't know how to drive a manual. He has ridden dirt bikes for years and understands clutch and shift, but I don't want him learning a car clutch in mine! So I'm a little torn as what to do. I really don't think his daily driver needs to be a manual..and not sure he wants it to be at this point. He is a good driver, can handle my taller F150 no prob, keeping it in the lane, etc. But I would like him to learn on a manual. I wish I could rent a civic for a week and go teach him and see what he thinks. If he loved it I would love for him to get a manual and after some time I would have no problem letting him drive my 911 as long as we were out away in a low traffic area for the time being. I just hate buy some manual turd to learn on then sell it. But not sure what choice I have.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM
swordsmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheeler,

back in the 70's at least, the driving schools like taggerts etc used to have manuals as an option.
My dear old dad paid for a few hours of instruction from them for me in a manual.
guy showed up in a beetle with dual steering/clutch put me in drivers seat & said 'we're going to downtown Atlanta - backroads" by the time I got home sweaty palm'd I could drive a manual!

I hv to say my driving instructor was great.. I worry about todays crop (meh) but i did let one kid take a course from em & they liked it still
Old 01-06-2014, 06:00 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrxdd
Six years ago last August my brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Two days later he rolled up to my house with a black '05 997 CS2 Cab. Two months later he passed away. It's mine now. I'll never sell it...
Sorry to hear but what an awesome legacy he's left you. Enjoy it!

Mine has been a childhood love affair...two cars have always stirred my passion for cars: 911 and the NSX. Plus my wife loves it too and because I am an entitled douchebag. LOL.

Quick Reply: Alt Reasons for Owning a Porsche....