Sponsored by:

997 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 01:39 AM
joe Matta
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 GTS

Any owners of the 997 GTS out there? I just bought a used one and I am Interested in hearing of experiences with this car and possible modifications. Ie delete CL? New wheel options for CL with reduced offset?
Ect.
Please contact me if you have experience with this car. Tks. Joe
Old 12-31-2013, 04:21 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

For delete CL, goto GT3 forums, there's a couple of stickies on it.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First congrads on your purchase.
second, make sure the CL recall has been done.

There are numerous threads about CL and if you intend to track the car please follow the strict maintenance program.

OZ GMG and a few others make CL wheels.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Swoody
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my '11 GTS in to Porsche Scottsdale for service and inquired about the recall as well as calling PCNA about this previously. Both told me there was no recall for the GTS centerlock wheels but that there was a (TSB) or something to the effect about the new torque settings and that an insert was mailed to original owners to place in owners manual stating the new torque requirements, which I found in my glove box. If your centerlocks DO NOT have the torque rating actually printed/embossed on the same outer circle as the "tighten/loosen" printed words and direction arrow you are fine. In addition, for peace of mind call your service adviser or PCNA with your VIN and they will confirm for you the status. As kosmo states above, there are different maint. requirements involved if tracking the car....stick to them!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:09 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I'm glad that mine came with the 5 lug nut wheels. My '12 is stock though and I don't plan on doing any modifications for the foreseeable future..

Was there anything specific to the GTS that you were interested in knowing about?

Quick Reply: 997 GTS