Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer 911 on Jay Leno's Garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Seems like Jay was blown away by the Singer. Think he'll be adding one to his collection? Will he have to wait 2 years to get one?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm also in love with the Singer. Everything about it sings to a Porsche enthusiasts heart. Driver involvement, incredible handling and great power in a small lightweight package.

For those of you pining for the Singer, why not by a 964 and make your own? The only things you won't be able to easily replicate would be the rear fenders and maybe the carbon fiber hood/fenders. I'm sure you can find a good engine builder to drop in a 350 Hp NA Air Cooled Engine and there are plenty of great body shops and interior guys that can duplicate the look and quality. I would think the cost is dramatically less than a Singer.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:53 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I'm also in love with the Singer. Everything about it sings to a Porsche enthusiasts heart. Driver involvement, incredible handling and great power in a small lightweight package.

For those of you pining for the Singer, why not by a 964 and make your own? The only things you won't be able to easily replicate would be the rear fenders and maybe the carbon fiber hood/fenders. I'm sure you can find a good engine builder to drop in a 350 Hp NA Air Cooled Engine and there are plenty of great body shops and interior guys that can duplicate the look and quality. I would think the cost is dramatically less than a Singer.
Way less. And if you want to be an authentic suicide do it with a SWB.

Quick Reply: Singer 911 on Jay Leno's Garage