Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dension 500S BT - Help on installation

Hi all,

Sorry for another thread on this....

I'm about to start the installation on the Dension 500S BT, it's the Dual FOT version:

1) can I still install it behind the PCM? I don't intend to keep the CD changer

2) if installing behind the PCM, where should I tap the switched power from? i.e.: turns itself on when engine starts, and turns itself off when engine off.

Thanks,

Simon
Old 12-23-2013, 11:19 AM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed mine behind the PCM. I do not have a CD changer. Advice given to me was to hook it to an unswitched source. I used the cigarette lighter in the passenger footwell.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 AM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

This should be of good help. I have the Nav-TV kit in my car - that came with a harness that takes power from the car's stereo itself
Old 12-23-2013, 11:53 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Great video!! Thanks for posting
Old 12-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Psymon
Racer

Thanks for the reply.

Actually my car is a right-hand-drive, and there isn't a cigarette lighter socket at the footwell in the passenger side (nor the driver's side)?! But I'll look again to see if the cable is hidden behind the trim or something.

I've just installed the Dension in the frunk (tapped the power from the CD-Changer). No issue and everything seems to be working fine. But the dock cable is really not long enough so still trying to find away to install it behind the PCM.

Any other suggest on where to tap the power around the PCM area?

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally forgot. I would have done this if I knew then....

There's a fuse that you can buy with a lead so you can run your own power from the fuse box if you want. Plug/ply.

Re: docking cable. Search on the install. Apparently there is a hole in the firewall in the front left side that ppl use to run the cables thru. Not sure if that's gonna be good enough, but it's the only hole I saw mentioned/used.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Psymon
Racer

Thanks, Chris.

Yes, I ran the dock cable and mic cable thru the hole on the firewall. But it's on the front-right side (while the hole going thru to the CD-C area is on the left side), so the distance is longer than what it would be for a left-hand drive car.

I think I will either get an dock cable extension (did the same in my other car) and leave the Dension in the frunk; or move the Dension to behind the PCM and run a long wire to tap the power from the CD-C.

Quick Reply: Dension 500S BT - Help on installation