Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM Kicks Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013 | 09:05 PM
et183394
Track Day

Default PSM Kicks Off

Drove Daytona last weekend in my 997.2. Incredible experience...
I had an issue with the PSM. It kicked off in almost the same exact spot on the track three sessions in a row. Nascar Turn 3, stabilized full throttle on the bank about two thirds up and accelerating through about 130. Car did not seem to be slipping and I got the PSM warning light on the dash. The light was not illuminated on the "PSM off" button. Had to shutdown the engine to reset and then it worked fine for the rest of the session. Did not happen at all on the 4th and last session of the day. Someone said the PSM has to "learn" my driving habits and since tooling around Daytona is not a typical day for me, the PSM needed to get in gear. Hmmm...

Is there anything wrong? Should I take it in and have the diagnostics read? Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Old 12-11-2013 | 09:12 PM
wwest
Drifting

PSM will kick in, but just momentarily, if it detects lateral G-forces beyond factory default limits.

The driver "learning" sequence starts with each engine start and is CLEARED/RESET with each engine shutdown.
Old 12-12-2013 | 08:53 AM
et183394
Track Day

I did experience the PSM acitivating in certain situations as it normally would. The issue I am concerned with is that it went completely off line and would not reset until I stopped the car and restarted. Is that normal behavior?

Quick Reply: PSM Kicks Off