Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Junior Plus Childseat (review)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
rvp325carrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Junior Plus Childseat (review)

Vehicle: 2007 997.1 C4S coupe
Daily driver. Currently equipped w/ winter rims/tires (NJ winters)

PRO
1 Extremely easy to use, install. Does not need to be fastened. When child is seated, 3 point belt is used as a total unit.
2 Since designed for the contour of the seat/hindquarters, fits snug. Perfect.
3 Very thin. My 3.5 yo son has ample room. My wife in the front passenger seat need not push her seat forward by much (she is 5'6" btw).
4 Fantastic color schema

CON
1 Expensive. Suncoast sells for 269$.

Bottom line. Even if other seats fit reasonably, the rear quarters of a 911 is unique. It's not just about the fit under neutral conditions, BUT critical how the seat will move, translate mechanical stresses, etc under force (i.e. accident). This is what -- I believe -- the engineers at Porsche have determined in development. Specifically, how THIS carseat behaves in a PORSCHE under stress, adverse conditions. Yes, it is compatible w/ other cars, too. But that is presumably because of general rules for childseats. Altering the rear seatback or removing the seat base is not recommended nor advisable. Again, the seat was "tested" with the rear passenger seat unaltered.

As a physician, specifically a Neuroradiologist, I feel the reasoning aforementioned justify the $$$. In fact, I'd pay more.

See photos attached )
Attached Images   
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

I would say $265 is priced right as Britax go for about the same.....def not a cause for aneurysm

First post Yay!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 AM
rvp325carrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Psup4s
I would say $265 is priced right as Britax go for about the same.....def not a cause for aneurysm First post Yay!
Funny. And yes, I agree. I have a Recaro seat in my wife's X5. App. $230.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Thats not that expensive, thanks for posting!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I use this same seat for my now 4 year old grandson in my 12 997.2S. I bought it a couple of years ago for him. It works great. The only negative I noticed when he was younger, was that his knees did not protrude forward enough so that his lower leg would hang down in the footwell. As a result his feet stuck straight out and the front seat had to be scooted forward a bit. That is solved now that he is older....and his legs are longer.
I used the carseat early on with the rear seat removed (bottom only). I thought when he was younger that the seat was more stable that way. The seat sat a bit lower in the car. This does not seem necessary now that he is larger...heavier....older.

I feel like the seat is worth the cost.

Quick Reply: Porsche Junior Plus Childseat (review)