997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home brake job question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013 | 12:20 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

^I find Sunset is generally 30-40% under list. Shipping is generally less than the tax would have been.
Old 11-14-2013 | 12:16 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Originally Posted by iii911ooo
Leith will match Suncoast pricing for parts if you go in with their prices. You will have yo pay sales tax but you won't pay shipping.
Leith Porsche can suck it. If Leith had the last brake rotors on Earth I would park my car and ride a bike. I do, however, appreciate the info and will tell a couple friends about that price-match.

I am going to try and save the sensors, if I can. They have not activated yet, of course.

One other question, while we're on the topic. Are the minimum thicknesses for the front and rear rotors in the owner's manual, anywhere? If not, what are they. I would normally turn the rotors for at least the first brake job but these Porsche units seem to be somewhat sacrificial. The OEM pads seem to have left deeper than normal ridges around the edge of the rotors, leading me to believe that the pads are more aggressive than I'm used to and perhaps the rotors are softer than normal (by design, I hope?).

Thanks for all of the input, guys. I don't mind paying for OEM (I prefer OEM when it makes sense) or even paying a premium for good service, I just want to make sure I'm getting the best value that I can get. I will also get a parts list together and call Sunset.

Both vendors who have chimed in will get a look, too. Thanks guys.
Old 11-14-2013 | 02:25 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

http://www.rmeuropean.com/

These guys are great, free shipping over $65, very fast, great website and prices.

I use them for BMW and Porsche.
Old 11-14-2013 | 02:39 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Depending on your time. I would try and include the sensors. I have not done a brake job on this Porsche yet. On my last Porsche brake job, and this was many moons ago, the unworn sensors were very brittle from heat and time. If they are included, not too expensive, and/or returnable if un-used, I would have them on hand, just in case. An extra part or two on hand, is always appreciated when you don't have to make and extra trip(s) to the closed parts store.

Last edited by BIG smoke; 11-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2013 | 03:03 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
http://www.rmeuropean.com/

These guys are great, free shipping over $65, very fast, great website and prices.

I use them for BMW and Porsche.
I have used RMeuropean and their prices are great. They also ship very fast.

Quick Reply: Home brake job question