Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member glad to join!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

congrats! any photos of the interior!? im curious to see what other options. you may have won the used-low milage award of a all time.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:45 PM
A.J. Merrifield
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perk10
I also came from an E46 M3 with SMG and am totally happy with my 997 purchase!

Did you get a manual or auto? I went with a 6speed manual and couldn't be happier. Congrats and awesome car!

John
LOL I, too, had an E46 SMG M3 (with full Dinan package). The 997, IMHO, is light years ahead of it as far as "smiles per mile".
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats to the OP. Nothing like a shiny "new" black 911. Enjoy and post pics with the new wheels.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 PM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you all for the welcoming words and kind thoughts! I had my E46 with Dinan stage 2 and it definitely has a soft spot in my heart
Luckily it "stays in the family" so to speak as I sold it to one of my best friends who has stated that its mine to take for a spin anytime I want interestingly he had a local friend of his re map the engine already and on the Dyno he has it up around 30-40 hp Also quickened the shifting of the SMG. He wants me to drive it as I'm the only one with the perspective to be able to notice the change. Going to be interesting.

I love having the manual transmission. The fun factor to me compared to the paddle shifting is quite markedly different. My buying sequence began with a 2011 Carrera S with pdk. Fun car, but I felt it was too similar to the SMG. I probably just needed more time with it. I then was loaned a 2005 turbo S. Wow! The power was intoxicating! I would describe my driving experience as "raw, brutish with a Spartan air to it" i also did not quite like the 996 chassis as much as the 997. I then went back to drive the 997. It was refined, fun and had enough power for me. The gearshift was smooth and it was easy to row through the gears fast. I think going forward, my future Porsche's will have to be manual transmissions though I understand the shift to the quicker PDK for performance purposes and also utilizing the most of cutting edge technology. I am a big formula 1 fan so i do appreciate these advances.

There is something quite unique about driving a Porsche to me and this is my first experience with it. The low ride height, tight handling and supreme confidence you feel with its agility that just does not compare to my M. Describing it to my friends, I would say it has a Go-kart feel to it, and who doesn't have fun while in a go-kart?. all I can say is that after a long day of work, my grin slowly grows the closer I get to the parking garage.

I will post some interior pics when I get the car back. They are going to detail the car and cosmetically hide my Valentine radar cable as well so it will look neater

Thanks again everyone!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 PM
NephroC4S
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So, some pics with new wheels. I am really happy with them!

I'm not sure what the name of these wheels are. My dealer found the style on an '07 turbo that he had. He is going to look up the name and style for me.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very grateful to the previous owners of low miles, pristine cars and for absorbing the depreciation cost of owning a marvelous vehicle. Enthusiasts like me get to buy them at reasonable prices.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very grateful to the previous owners of low miles, pristine cars and for absorbing the depreciation cost of owning a marvelous vehicle. Enthusiasts like me get to buy them at reasonable prices.
I did the math on mine and the original owner paid over 6 bucks per mile in depreciation alone (he/she did not drive it much).
I plan on mine paying me by the time I get done.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:48 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Those wheels look great

Quick Reply: New member glad to join!