Sponsored by:

Tiptronic Emergency Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiptronic Emergency Run

I just recently acquired a 2006 C4S Cab with 48k miles. Soon after it showed the Tiptronic error with the alternating flashing of D and 4. It did go into limp mode where it's just the one gear going very slow occurring in traffic when accelerating twice and once slowing down (downshifting). When I turned it off, everything went back to normal.

I did take it to the dealer where they cleared the errors that they found (they didn't say which one and I know, I should have asked). They've been trying to recreate the issue but of course, they cannot. I'm guessing they're going to ask me to try the car again and see if I get the message again. I have a Durametric on order in preparation. If the problem goes away then great but if not, my plan is this: Keep a laptop in my car and wait for the error to come up again and then record the error code(s) before I turn it off and take a pic with the mileage with the Tip message. Unless they know what's up, I'm going to ask they check the ATF fluid and filter with this proof. Does this sound reasonable? Should I do something else or more? TIA
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Dadio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Makes sense to me. If you don't know when the tanny was serviced last the fluid change might do the trick. Otherwise Codes would help sort out the problem.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

I had these issues with my PDK until I put a new battery in. I think the problem revolves around voltage issues and not mechanical.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback.

I called today so here is the latest:
They were able to duplicate the issue in traffic. Yes! The guy working on the car happens to be buddies with a Mercedes dealership mechanic (same auto mall) that recommended changing out the electrical (conductor) plate after his assessment. They're not 100% on this but based on what I read about the Tip, a MB guy maybe just what it needs. They're going to try that and update me Monday. I'll keep it updated for others.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 AM
jayhutch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you find a solution to Limp Home Mode problem?

Originally Posted by Rob_G
Thanks for the feedback.

I called today so here is the latest:
They were able to duplicate the issue in traffic. Yes! The guy working on the car happens to be buddies with a Mercedes dealership mechanic (same auto mall) that recommended changing out the electrical (conductor) plate after his assessment. They're not 100% on this but based on what I read about the Tip, a MB guy maybe just what it needs. They're going to try that and update me Monday. I'll keep it updated for others.
So did you ever find a solution to your problem??

- hutch

Quick Reply: Tiptronic Emergency Run