Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally PICs (another plasti-dip!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Finally PICs (another plasti-dip!)

Hi all,

Finally finished plasti-dipping my C2S and took some pics. I'm very happy with how it turned out, especially for the exterior. The interior might be a little too "loud" but the great thing about plasti-dip is that it can be un-done and redo very easily. So I'll leave it for a while and might tone down the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel.

Let me know what you think ;-)

Night time
Attachment 768579
Attachment 768578
Attachment 768580

Day time
Attachment 768586
Attachment 768577
Attachment 768581

Interrior
Attachment 768585
Name:  P1060262.jpg
Views: 1856
Size:  41.1 KB
Attachment 768583

Last edited by Psymon; 07-28-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:04 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it turned out great. Really like the wheels
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice treatment of red accents to the exterior... well balanced and visually works IMHO. I'm not as sold on the steering wheel accent... perhaps more red on the surround ring or no accent red at all on the steering wheel. Deviated red belts would tie the interior off well. Please keep us posted on wear and tear over time. I'm particularly interested in the internal door handles but then I consider plasti-dip a great means towards trying out splashes of color on a temporary basis prior to a more permanent treatment. Try it out and if the color "sticks" mentally after 6 months then apply a more permanent solutions... for example, send the parts off for a professional color coat by BumperPlugs.

FWIW, my son plasti-dip'd the wheels and grills on his Tacoma TRD truck in black. 6 months later he went back to stock silver. I was relieved that we did not pay for the expense of powder coating those bits in black. At times he reminds me of his mom - CHIMA: changed her mind again. As an FYI he said it was a PITWheel to remove the plasti-dip after 6 months w/o scratching the underlining silver wheel. He used a scrub brush and figure nails although I believe there is a removing agent available from Plasti-dip... not sure how if any ill effect it would have on our finish so be careful. GL and keep us posted re the long term effects. I suspect that there will be more changes to come... as much like dating you're not wedded to any singular choice initially.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys.

Hey USMC_DS1, ABSOLUTELY! I felt the same on the steering wheel, so I'm going to try making the tiptronic buttons to be the same color as the trim surrounding the air bag, my main purpose is to de-chrome / silver since it doesn't go with the theme. REally thought about the red belt, but too pricey without additional function, so I did the seat lever to red instead (same goes for the red face for gauge and chromo, so I did the rings instead).

I can already tell you that the door handle will not last, I've already re-did it once. The problem is that the edge of the handle rubs against the leather on the door panel when opening the door, so it ribs the plastic-dip. I'm going to give it a third try to see how I can smooth out the rubbing area and reduce the fraction. Or ultimately, I'll mod it to the RS door handle ;-)

That's exactly how I fee about plastic-dip, experiment with it for a few months, then apply a permanent solution if I still like it. Thanks for the tip on cleaning up the wheels ;-0
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM
A.J. Merrifield
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks sharp!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Egress
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

\\

Last edited by Egress; 10-16-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
willbj3
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great , like the custom look of the interior.

Quick Reply: Finally PICs (another plasti-dip!)