Help with speeding ticket on NSP in Nassau County, NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
psychlox
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Unhappy Help with speeding ticket on NSP in Nassau County, NY

Hi;

Was clocked at 77 in a 55; was coming over the hill where Queens becomes Long Island and everyone was clustered in the left and center lanes, so I moved over to the right lane, after signaling. Didn't pass anyone, wasn't driving faster than anyone else, was just the unluckiest. First speeding ticket in more than 24 years. NYS Trooper ran my license and registration and said something like "keep it clean until the court date and they'll work something out".

Can anyone recommend an attorney on Long Island who has familiarity with the Hempstead courts ? I'm told that this can usually be worked out without points, which would be nice.

Thanks !
Old 09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

My usual advice is to search for a law office that specializes in traffic citations - usually the bigger ones like DUI, and such, but also the smaller ones like you have -- that is located close to where the ticket will be adjudicated.

Call the law office and see if it can be of any help.

If the office you call can't or won't help you then ask it if can recommend someone who can.

I've done this numerous times and I always find a law office that will take the "case". Generally I fax a copy of the ticket, front and back, and pay a fee by credit card (or in a few cases mail a check) and that's that.

Some law offices have someone who works just the traffic cases, the small ones, full time and they like to keep them busy.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 461 Likes on 293 Posts

You may not need a lawyer. First call the prosecutors office and explain that you would prefer no points/no insurance ramifcations; they basically up the fine, so you do pay for it. Its a paid for pass that you can utilize if you don't have many points and are basically "clean". I've done it a few times here in NJ. Call them and ask first- it may not be that complicated where you need to lawyer up.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Carrera997re
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychlox
Hi;

Was clocked at 77 in a 55; was coming over the hill where Queens becomes Long Island and everyone was clustered in the left and center lanes, so I moved over to the right lane, after signaling. Didn't pass anyone, wasn't driving faster than anyone else, was just the unluckiest. First speeding ticket in more than 24 years. NYS Trooper ran my license and registration and said something like "keep it clean until the court date and they'll work something out".

Can anyone recommend an attorney on Long Island who has familiarity with the Hempstead courts ? I'm told that this can usually be worked out without points, which would be nice.

Thanks !
That guy is always there!!! I can ask my friend which lawyer he uses saved me big time cost me like 500
Old 09-16-2013, 10:56 PM
psychlox
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

He wasn't on the median this time - he was on the right shoulder just over the top of the hill (heading east). I usually expect the guy on the median.

Quick Reply: Help with speeding ticket on NSP in Nassau County, NY