Sponsored by:

GPS Problems with Passport 9500ci

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 PM
GatorMD97
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS Problems with Passport 9500ci

I have a 2011 Turbo S with Aero Kit that I bought a couple of months ago. It came with a Passport 9500ci installed. The GPS module is installed in the front bumper on the drivers side. The car only had a few hundred miles on it so I doubt the previous owner ever really used the radar detector and the GPS function was off when I first got it.

Anyway, the GPS keeps dropping signal. I took it in to the dealership this past week and they wouldn't move it. They checked everything and said it was in the best possible place, told me they have installed many and this is were they always put it. Unfortunately this did not help and it still frequently drops GPS signal. They refused to put the unit under the plastic where the windshield meets the hood because they say this location causes problems with the electronics of the car. I have read this online as well.

Does anybody have any advice on where I can relocate this unit or any suggestions of installers in the Tallahassee, FL area?

Thanks,

Austin
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
windboat
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

GatorMD97,

You may have a defective cable running from GPS module to the 9500ci black box. I had a similar problem with my 9500ci, ATL dealer changed cable and it corrected problem. Have you done a firmware update lately.?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
GatorMD97
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try a new cable. The firmware was updated with the last service. Thanks

Quick Reply: GPS Problems with Passport 9500ci