Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unique PDK problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 AM
whitelightnin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have only the buttons, no paddles. There is certainly the possibility that I could have inadvertently upshifted while turning the wheel in the corner, but what I don't understand in your scenario is why it would end up in 7th. Typically while accelerating out of the corner, the transmission would almost certainly be in a gear lower than 6th. In order to accidentally shift to 7th, wouldn't the gear have to be in 6th? Also, why would it take 10 seconds to return to normal operation?

By the way, thanks for all of the ideas.

I have contacted the dealer and, in turn, they are contacting PCNA to see if they have any recommendations.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM
1100S
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

In PDK if you put pressure on the the buttons for any (small) continuous time it will sequentially go up (or down) the gears. It will then hold the last gear assuming that it won't over rev for a short period of time. May not be exactly 10 seconds. On the dash the little red light that indicates auto will be lit along with the little red light for manual which goes out when it returns to full auto and goes to the correct "auto" gear. Again, try it on the street. Put it in auto Sport and upshift manually a few gears and see what happens. Hope this helps
Old 09-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Marshal_Mercer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul 996
Odd, Sport + is specifically programmed to lock out 7th gear altogether.
My 2011 997.2 goes into 7th at about 85 mph in Sport, and not at all in Sport+. Perhaps the OP was in Sport?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go to the dealer and have them check to see if there is a DME or other software update that your car needs.

Quick Reply: Unique PDK problem?