Sponsored by:

Finished my clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:12 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 604 Likes on 357 Posts

+1.

great job!. i like to be hands on as possible re my possessions but i wouldn't have the b*alls to tackle this myself.

awesome post and i can relate totally. esp to points 1,2,7!

Originally Posted by Iceter
Several reasons I wanted to do this myself:

1. I'm cheap.
2. I really, really don't like to have other people touch my stuff.
3. A lack of local references for someone to do it for me.
4. My lack of faith in others to do a job as well as I do (inability to delegate).
5. My love for spending time in my garage with the stereo and the beer fridge.
6. The fact that my car is not perfect, so I didn't feel it was worthy of spending the extra time and $$ to find a pro and pay them to apply a clear bra over imperfect paint.

and...

7. As I get older (I'm 44) and find myself in a higher tax bracket, I find myself paying people to do things that, as a younger man, I would have done myself. Occasionally, I take on a project like this to prove to myself that I haven't become a fat, useless member of the bourgeoisie.

It's kind of silly, really. I know I can do these things (clean my gutters, paint my house, trim my bushes), but I find myself doing them every once in awhile just to reaffirm my manhood. I guess other guys might find themselves taking on a mistress or taking flight lessons or joining a fight club. I get my testosterone boost from banging around in the garage for awhile.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM
sixgun95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hats off to you, well said and nicely done.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
did you attend the C&C this past Saturday? I heard the Porsche crew was in the upper lot......never made it up there
I DID go on Saturday. Took my eleven and three year old sons and a buddy of mine. We got there earlier than we usually do just so we could see the Porsches and Ferraris. I had no idea they were in the upper lot so we never saw them!

Damn.

Still, there were some neat cars this month and the weather was perfect.

Other than missing the P-cars, the only problem we had was that my three year old wound up standing on a fire ant hill and got ants all over him. He was bitten several times but an hour later you'd never have known it. He's a tough little sucker.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 AM
OpieT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. I'm cheap.
4. My lack of faith in others to do a job as well as I do (inability to delegate).
6. The fact that my car is not perfect, so I didn't feel it was worthy of spending the extra time and $$ to find a pro and pay them to apply a clear bra over imperfect paint.

and...

7. As I get older (I'm 44) and find myself in a higher tax bracket, I find myself paying people to do things that, as a younger man, I would have done myself. Occasionally, I take on a project like this to prove to myself that I haven't become a fat, useless member of the bourgeoisie.

It's kind of silly, really. I know I can do these things (clean my gutters, paint my house, trim my bushes), but I find myself doing them every once in awhile just to reaffirm my manhood. I guess other guys might find themselves taking on a mistress or taking flight lessons or joining a fight club. I get my testosterone boost from banging around in the garage for awhile.
Silly? Hell no! Sign me up for silly.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice job!
Did you cover your headlights too?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:23 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

1. I'm cheap.

and...

Perfect, my kind of guy!

Quick Reply: Finished my clear bra