Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will similar US legislation lead to more track construction?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 PM
FullThrottle64
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
The amount of time you waited after you pulled over would have probably had been passed by a car going the speed limit. If todays technology were used you could dial 911 and explain the situtation and they would in fact be able to alter your speed limit to your device in your vechicle as well as alter the traffic lights on your route.
1) No, do the math on 25 mph over 45 minutes.
2) You missed the point completely. I shouldn't have to "get permission" and try to convince some unseen government authority to allow me to drive MY car (the one I paid for) in a manner appropriate for conditions.

What if you own a ranch with a 1/2 mile driveway? Why shouldn't you be able to use it as your own private dragstrip each and every time you go to the store?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:25 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I think you miss the point. Just because you have a car. Doesn't allow you to drive it on property that isn't yours. You endanger others lives by doing what your want. You being allowed to drive on public roads don't mean your not entitled to it, it's a privilege not a right.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:47 PM
FullThrottle64
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I think you miss the point.
No, I get the point - I just vehemently disagree. I don't believe that prior restraint is justified, no matter how "sensible" it may seem at first glance.

Allowing government to expand their control and influence over our daily activities is almost never a good thing, in my observation.

Quick Reply: Will similar US legislation lead to more track construction?