Queen - Night at the Opera - DVD Audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts
Default Queen - Night at the Opera - DVD Audio

I have been totally digging Queen's Night at the Opera in my 2009 C2S in DVD Audio format. Wow!

The DVD Audio format is pretty much dead although there are some titles being released and you can get this disc used if you look for it. You can also download it - I don't think there is an ethical issue downloading an out-of-print product that you can't buy.

DVD Audio, or DVD-A is/was a format that allows for 5.1 surround in high definition and our cars can play them! Not all DVD-A discs have music that is 5.1 but this Queen disk was remastered to to be 5.1.

DVD Audio failed in the market primarily because of the industry's own botched planning and greed. For one, there was a format war with SACD but mostly it was a lack of music. The industry rushed out a bunch of titles in DVD Audio format but didn't remaster them... they sounded no better than their CD versions. Some music was remasterd to take full advantage and this Queen disc is one of them. The Doors catalog is another and I love them in the car as well.

Anyway, if you can get a hold of A Night at the Opera in DVD A, play it. Even if you weren't a Queen fan, you will love the listening experience.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$60 - $100 on amazon and ebay. Bit too much.

Quick Reply: Queen - Night at the Opera - DVD Audio