Sponsored by:

997.2 Satellite Radio Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 997.2 Satellite Radio Retrofit

I read through the last several pages of the sticky on this subject, but it's a little bit dated at this point, so I thought I'd check to see if there have been any changes.

Can the factory OEM unit and PCM software be easily integrated by a dealer after the fact?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

I was unsuccessful with this 2 years ago. I did extensive searching, dealer even did some emails with factory, but it was a no-go. Ended up trading cars, in part to acheive this.
Good luck.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM
RON1X
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nav-TV will do it (but not through the dealer). It is not on their website, but they do have the product to add Sat to your PCM.
This was just on 6speed today too:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...9-997-2-a.html
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks, guys. I'll check out the Nav-TV option if it comes to that.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fjpdds
... Ended up trading cars, in part to acheive this. Good luck.
Indeed.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:18 PM
WestCan997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After looking at all the options to add Sat radio and bluetooth to my car I decided to do a head unit replacement. It did not cost significantly more as the cost to add the modules to the PCM including install quickly gets to $1500 - $2000.

I know the double din head unit look is not for everyone but now I have Sirius, Nav, Bluetooth, Pandora and a backup camera.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by fjpdds
I was unsuccessful with this 2 years ago. I did extensive searching, dealer even did some emails with factory, but it was a no-go. Ended up trading cars, in part to acheive this.
Good luck.
Me too.. tried this in 2009 with my C2S TWICE...different dealers and no success. Not possible. I too ended up trading up to an '09 C4S to get all the capabilities [SAT-NAV and SAT-RADIO, and IPOD/BT] that I wanted in the end.

Originally Posted by RON1X
Nav-TV will do it (but not through the dealer). It is not on their website, but they do have the product to add Sat to your PCM.
This was just on 6speed today too:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...9-997-2-a.html
Beware of NAV-TV products...not all will integrate with your car despite what their website says. Had a NAV-TV rear camera purchased for my wife's Panamera that came without it [you'd think in a car of that price with that limited rear vis it would be standard!] In any event the 1st wouldn't work and the 2nd the dealer's BEST install guy had a devil of a time getting integrated into the PCM and working. Took em almost a week of back and forth with NAV-TV and $1000+ in labor in the end for me PLUS the cost of the unit.

Their Sat Radio module I tried to get working in my '09 C2S to add SAT-Radio NEVER did work correctly and like I said above ended up trading up to a CPO'd C4S to get all I wanted.
Originally Posted by WestCan997
After looking at all the options to add Sat radio and bluetooth to my car I decided to do a head unit replacement. It did not cost significantly more as the cost to add the modules to the PCM including install quickly gets to $1500 - $2000.

I know the double din head unit look is not for everyone but now I have Sirius, Nav, Bluetooth, Pandora and a backup camera.

Looks nice but I do like the retained functionality of keeping my PCM unit. BUT in the '09 Boxster i had I did just what you did and added a double DIN unit from Pioneer that had EVERYTHING...even the NAV was better than the OEM, faster too and had SAT-RAD and IPOD and all kinds of access to stuff like Pandora as you say! Not a bad option IF you can accept the loss of functionality.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Satellite Radio Retrofit