Sponsored by:

997.1 running lights and wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 AM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 997.1 running lights and wiring diagram

Ok, I'm currently chasing an issue with the right front running light (the light right under the main headlamp). I got the code when driving at the track and I figured it was just a bulb. Only the right front side is out, not the left.

So i threw a new bulb and still no luck. I checked all fuses in the footwell, all good. I checked the voltage at the bulb socket, no voltage. I checked the brown ground wire at the socket to verify it's grounnded to chassis (OK). Then i started chasing the yellow hot wire up the chain. The yellow hot wire is good continuity from the socket to the large connector behind the front tire. But still no 12v even at the yellow wire at that connector. Now I'm trying to veryify the next link up the chain of that yellow wire, it goes in through the steel into the frunk. Here's where I'm stuck... it looks like that wire goes somewhere else from there.

Has anyone had this experience? any advice?

Is there a relay on the frunk inside wall near the RF wheel. that controls just that lamp? it looks like there's a front-end control module that controls almost all of the front lamps, if i unplug it it kills all the lamps. Is the relay in there?

Is there an additional front end fuse panel somewhere?

Does anyone have a wire diagram?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a wiring diagram but it only shows what you have already determined. All the wires up front go into the onboard computer. The wiring diagram does not show internals of the control module. Sorry I'm no help. Have you tried clearing the code with a durametric or something?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 AM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Yeah- I cleared the code and it comes right back. it looks like some kind of true hard failure.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Since Porsche does not use any relays to control these lights, I suspect that the Front Control Module includes the power FETs used to switch on and off the bulbs. If one of these FETs (Field Effect Transistors) or MOSFETs died, then you may have to replace the entire module if you cannot find someone who can take it apart and diagnose the failing part, inside. That is a bummer, as this module costs in excess of $350. Again I am just speculating and your issue may be otherwise.

Yves
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Thanks Yves- that's great info(module, not relay). I was thinking it was the module going bad but i'm still not 100% certain. I'd love to get a wiring diagram so I can doublecheck the lead from the connector in the fender to the connector at the control module. I'd much rather buy a wiring loom than a control module. If I can isolate the control module as the problem I'll pull it open myself and at least take a look. It might be something as simple as the connector leads breaking off the board.

Quick Reply: 997.1 running lights and wiring diagram