Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RMS leak under CPO... shall I do clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 AM
7500rpm
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you go, Alex. Some people toast their clutch at 25k, some can nurse them to 268K and still going. However, both their driving styles should be recorded and posted on YouTube! Amazing. Tell us about your clutch when you have it out.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
Are you sitting down. Standard dual-mass flywheel, 1350, clutch set 960, and release bearing, 220. The car had 25K Km on it and I've had it for 2 years. One thing I noticed when I purchased it, was the clutch seemed relatively heavy, but I had no decent point of reference for gauging if it was extreme or not. Given the feel of the new clutch, the old clutch was extremely stiff. Long story short, they got in there and realized the flywheel was pretty much toast and the clutch was severely worn out, so everything was replaced. I have an EasyCare TotalCare warranty so with the RMS replacement, most of the labour was covered.
Thanks, oh well, what can you do. No competition around where we are.

BTW, did you have CPO or Extended Warranty? Sounds like your RMS was done not by Porsche but paid by EasyCare, no?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an EasyCare 5 year warranty, which covered all costs associated with the RMS.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
Alex,

I had the RMS replaced on my 2007 997 C2 a couple of weeks ago at MCL. While they were in there, they also ended replacing the flywheel and clutch. In the end I covered only parts, but I agree the mark-up is pretty steep compared to south of the border. It was a good investment, as I can notice a significant difference in pedal effort and clutch engagement.
Hey there, MCL just called and said the RMS is NOT leaking enough to need warranty work, it's only sweating.

How did you get yours replaced? was yours leaking real bad? I am SICK of MCL, they try not just not to do any warranty work!

Quick Reply: RMS leak under CPO... shall I do clutch?