Sponsored by:

Front Tire Wear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
any thoughts from those who have contributed earlier?

I really wish I had researched the PS2's more before buying because I didn't realize how "beefy" they are in appearance. I much prefer the slimmer profile tires. I swear the ride height has increased noticeably. They're not sufficiently broken in to comment on grip with spirited driving.
It would appear that the alignment was the culprit, given the red numbers! That's good news!

As far as heights, etc. If you bought the same exact size tires as previous, nothing should change. You change the profile??
Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
My front passenger tire is also wearing the same way, with the inside showing greater wear. My driver side is wearing evenly. I also currently have P Zero Rosso tires.
I was wrong, my front tires both have what "seems" to be inner wear. BUT, now I'm wondering if this is in fact normal!!?? As I found my new replacement tires have less tread on the inside by design.

I just got a new set of Michelin PS2 "N2" tires, all 4 new tires measure 7 mm in the outer tread groove and 6 mm in the inner most groove, according to my tire tread depth gage. So the Michelin tires come from the factory with less tread on the inner part of the tire to begin with.

My old P Zero Rosso front tires both measure just under 5 mm in the outer tread groove and just under 4 mm in the inner groove. I have no idea what the Pirelli's tread depth was when new. But if designed like the Michelin tires with less tread in the inner side, then my wear seems very even.

Anyone ever measure the Pirelli tire's tread depth when new?

BTW, I don't think the PS2's ride higher than the P Zeros, the overall ride feels great. My car feels transformed! As my old tires were worn almost to the tread wear bars. But I agree the P Zero Rosso has a nicer looking profile, as it doesn't have the deep indent that the Michelin tire has around the rim.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:50 PM
BadsSgt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My front driver tire. My passenger is same condition

My 2012 panamera i just purchased. They didn't look the bad when i bought it. 3k miles ive put on it since January. He had alignment done when i bought it. Car had 117k on it now. It sounds like a tank hitting bumps. I now have new upper and lower control arms. Im waiting on swing arm bushings. Im going to go ahead and get new pasm air shocks for the front also. I really hope they dont wear like this after i do all this work

Quick Reply: Front Tire Wear?