Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thought on buying this C2S.....input please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:38 PM
bradleyt09
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought on buying this C2S.....input please.

I am interested in this 2009 C2S and have purchase it contingent on a PPI:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2dr-C...t_35030wt_1165

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the dealer, C and P Imports?

I think the price seems a bit high, but it looks like a very nice low mileage car. Please let me now if the price is fair. I have made a refundable deposit so don't hold back.

If any has access to a carfax, please forward to me. The dealer will send it on Monday, but a current one would be good to see.

Any other comments will be appreciated. I am a longtime Porsche owner but haven't bought since 2002 so I am a bit cautious and would value all input.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Gruson
Instructor

Price seems ok, not the best but ok. I have seen similar ones sell for around $60k.

Never heard of the dealer but reviews seem to be good. No issues with BBB or any major complaints online. If you can wait, I would recommend buying a 2009 or 2010 from your local Porsche dealer and make sure it is CPO. That way you do not have to worry about anything IMO. It could still work out but at least through a dealership you know it's a quality car if it has the CPO.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So here is something to compare this car against for price and features. I purchased a 2009 C2S in September 2012 with 19K miles on the odometer. My car does not have the sport chrono package and is a manual tranny, however, everything is basically the same. The car is in excellent condition inside and out and I paid $69K via a Porsche dealer in Atlanta, GA. They were asking $72K at the time. It is also a CPO car that is under warranty until September 2015. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM
bradleyt09
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies. I would certainly rather buy from a Porsche dealer, but I have looked pretty hard and there are not many available that check off enough boxes on my want list. I will have a Porsche dealer perform the PPI and will also try to get some local eyes on it, but ultimately, must resort to my gut. It looks like a really nice and clean car. I was unsure about the price and thought it might be too high, but it seems OK according to the replies I got.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
bradleyt09
Intermediate

BTW, please email me if there is anything to share or info about the dealer that may not be appropriate for public viewing on the forum.

Thanks,
Brad
bradandsuzi@comcast.net
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleyt09
I am interested in this 2009 C2S and have purchase it contingent on a PPI:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2dr-C...t_35030wt_1165

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the dealer, C and P Imports?

I think the price seems a bit high, but it looks like a very nice low mileage car. Please let me now if the price is fair. I have made a refundable deposit so don't hold back.

If any has access to a carfax, please forward to me. The dealer will send it on Monday, but a current one would be good to see.

Any other comments will be appreciated. I am a longtime Porsche owner but haven't bought since 2002 so I am a bit cautious and would value all input.
Hey Brad,

Nice looking car, appears to be in excellent condition. Price doesn't appear to be out of the norm. One thing I try to keep in mind is that unless this is the exact car you've always dreamed of, for most people, when buying a car the price usually seems a bit high, and when selling a car, the price is usually seems a bit low.

Whatever the case, get a good PPI and if all checks out, enjoy! Could you pay less, probably. Could you pay more, probably. Doesn't matter much once you're in the car and enjoying it.

Best of luck!

Take care,

KS
Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 274 Posts

I think that the car is priced very good. Is well optioned and probably comes with the remainder of a CPO warranty according to the ad. I would jump on it. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:54 AM
bradleyt09
Intermediate

Great feedback. KS, your wisdom rings true. If I allow myself to step back and be a third party, I would say the same thing. There comes a point where one's time is more valuable than the continued pursuit of the a car. I think this is a nice one and just needed some confirmation. I'll get someone to check it out next week and then have a PPI - if all is good, then it's a done deal. Thanks to all for your replies.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

The car is one of the lowest price 997.2 on the net (with those options,mileage and warranty).
Old 06-09-2013, 06:43 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
I think that the car is priced very good. Is well optioned and probably comes with the remainder of a CPO warranty according to the ad. I would jump on it. Good luck!
CPO is not transferable from a non P dealer. Private party can transfer a CPO.

Assume you meant origanal factory warranty balance.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Doctor Dan
Track Day

Nice car - price seems fair. Along with the CARFAX, a DME printout showing hours of operation and over-rev ranges 1-6 will help confirm history. The dealer should be able to provide this, but if not, the PPI will. Best wishes for a successful purchase.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 AM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Originally Posted by bradleyt09
Great feedback. KS, your wisdom rings true. If I allow myself to step back and be a third party, I would say the same thing. There comes a point where one's time is more valuable than the continued pursuit of the a car. I think this is a nice one and just needed some confirmation. I'll get someone to check it out next week and then have a PPI - if all is good, then it's a done deal. Thanks to all for your replies.
I have never bought a Porsche in state, it's much easier to find what you want if you look elsewhere. I know this car http://delaware.porschedealer.com/pr...56682/info.php is quite a bit more expensive, but I would go with it over your current choice due to options and CPO. Just keep in mind Porsche has a nice search function on their website. CPO is well worth the comfort of mind at least for me, but go with what your happy with.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 142 Posts

There's some false advertising going on with that car's ad. If it's a MY2009 then it cannot be "Porsche Certified Until May of 2015" as the ad states.

As mentioned above in this thread, a CPO dies at a non-Porsche dealership. So your car is out of warranty as of (probably) May 2013 (i.e. 4 years after it's in-service date).

I would use this information to get the price down some. They're probably inflating the asking price based on the fact that it's "still under warranty." It ain't!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

You are correct! Unless is a Porsche authorized dealership or a private party, the CPO warranty won't transfer. It may be an aftermarket warranty, but who knows? Get it in writing or call Porsche.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:52 PM
westgate997
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are those exhaust tips?

Quick Reply: Thought on buying this C2S.....input please.