Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires on GT3 wheels (12"x19") on 997 C4s

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

take pics further out so we can see how they sit on the car, are there spacers on the rear?

12+51 is an RS rear if my memory serves me right which means you need to run 325, as the offsets are setup for it.. and made for your widebody.. everyone was reading GT3 (narrow body) against your wide body C4...
Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

More pictures to come. There are no spacers front or rear. To me, it sits nice now and the clearances are fine, in fact I have more space in the rear fender area (top) than the front fender area. If you look closely at the close- in wheel pic already posted you can see that the tire tread is a bit "inside" the wheel bead, maybe .5 inch? To protect the wheel (minimum objective) from potential curb rash (oh no! & wife occasionally drives the car I would like to consider the 325x30x19 tires. Lastly, I first posted that the car was ordered with these wheels (and just about every option to include adaptive sport seats, carbon package, Sport Chrono, short shift, telephone module, full leather, multi-function steering wheel which is my only complaint, and sport exhaust). Well that was an assumption based on the original/first owner's comments, and I have come to realize that these wheels may not have been available in the 51 offset in 2007, unless the GT2 used them too. Didn't the widebody GT3RS come out in 2010? Anybody know these answers? Thanks again for all the comments. As you can see I am new to the Rennlist Forum but very much enjoy it and glad I signed up.

Rob
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
More pictures to come. There are no spacers front or rear. To me, it sits nice now and the clearances are fine, in fact I have more space in the rear fender area (top) than the front fender area. If you look closely at the close- in wheel pic already posted you can see that the tire tread is a bit "inside" the wheel bead, maybe .5 inch? To protect the wheel (minimum objective) from potential curb rash (oh no! & wife occasionally drives the car I would like to consider the 325x30x19 tires. Lastly, I first posted that the car was ordered with these wheels (and just about every option to include adaptive sport seats, carbon package, Sport Chrono, short shift, telephone module, full leather, multi-function steering wheel which is my only complaint, and sport exhaust). Well that was an assumption based on the original/first owner's comments, and I have come to realize that these wheels may not have been available in the 51 offset in 2007, unless the GT2 used them too. Didn't the widebody GT3RS come out in 2010? Anybody know these answers? Thanks again for all the comments. As you can see I am new to the Rennlist Forum but very much enjoy it and glad I signed up.

Rob
997.1 GT3 and GT3RS were introduced at the same time, much before 2010. I have a product info guide for GT3/GT3RS dated June 2006...however it's a Euro book...but the wide body GT3 rear wheels were available in 2007. I had them on my 2007 Turbo in 2007 - purchased from Wheel Enhancement in 2007.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I ended up going w Mich super sport 325/30/19 tires and they look and ride awesome. The tread is now "even" with the wheel rim bead. I swear the back end is very sticky now. The car feels perfect and confidence restored. The 6 year old tires (305/30/19) were just hard and dried out. I chose the tire size that the GT2 uses though I know it is 2WD. Very happy with it. Thanks for all the input.

Quick Reply: Tires on GT3 wheels (12"x19") on 997 C4s