Sponsored by:

Clear Bra--Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Clear Bra--Where to buy?

I have installed two or three clear bras to some of my vehicles. I have gotten non-3M, thin material kits from an online supplier in the past. They have worked well and I like the thin stuff because it applies easily and comes off without too much fuss when I want it to. The problem is that the online store that I used to get it from isn't there anymore and I can't find them.

Now that I have researched this a bit more and have watched my BIL have serious problems with a non-3M product on his Sienna, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 3M kit for my 997 and one for my wife's E550. Problem is that I don't know a reputable place to get the stuff anymore.

Does anyone recommend a particular source for these pre-cut 3M kits? A Google search turns up hundreds but I'm looking for a place that someone has actually used so that I know it's real 3M and not some Chinese knock-off or fly-by-night online "store". Keep in mind that I only need the kit, I will be the installer.

Thanks in advance, guys--and I'll let you know how they both turn out when I'm finished.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM
aaks38
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a kit from ebay through a seller who computer cuts these based on the cars profile. It was about 230 bucks and included the hood, front nose, front fender and side mirrors as precut pieces. Mine was a 3M kit as i saw it on the backing material, cant remember how many mils thick but after 3 years now its held up very well and no yellowing or peeling.

It was a pain to install as most are but with my wifes help, was able to get it on and it looks pretty good. This was on a 07 4S model.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
I have installed two or three clear bras to some of my vehicles. I have gotten non-3M, thin material kits from an online supplier in the past. They have worked well and I like the thin stuff because it applies easily and comes off without too much fuss when I want it to. The problem is that the online store that I used to get it from isn't there anymore and I can't find them.

Now that I have researched this a bit more and have watched my BIL have serious problems with a non-3M product on his Sienna, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 3M kit for my 997 and one for my wife's E550. Problem is that I don't know a reputable place to get the stuff anymore.

Does anyone recommend a particular source for these pre-cut 3M kits? A Google search turns up hundreds but I'm looking for a place that someone has actually used so that I know it's real 3M and not some Chinese knock-off or fly-by-night online "store". Keep in mind that I only need the kit, I will be the installer.

Thanks in advance, guys--and I'll let you know how they both turn out when I'm finished.
I'm also interested in getting a 3m bra, but am not willing to buy on ebay.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005997carrera2
I'm also interested in getting a 3m bra, but am not willing to buy on ebay.
That's exactly why I'm asking. 3M doesn't appear to sell these to consumers and they try to direct you to installers. Since I don't need an installer, I just want to buy the bra. My biggest concern is receiving a counterfeit one--I have heard (but not seen myself) of counterfeit ones having 3M lettering on the backing paper.

After seeing the mess that the cheap stuff made on my BIL's van, I want to be super careful about what I buy--especially since these all seem to be priced in the $250 range.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra--Where to buy?