Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 AM
ng311
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 cpo pricing?

I came across this on the CPO website
http://www.leithporsche.com/used-Car...AA29937S711172

Seems to be the lowest priced 07 CPO anywhere
Before some people start hating on CPO, I've had good experiences with it in the past and it is a must for me.

My question is, was the supply of late 997.1 and early 997.2 so short (I remember someone mentioning overall sales during these years were low) that the dealer can charge this much for the car? I'm sure the person who traded it in got mid 30

What do you guys think of the overall value considering its CPO, the miles and condition? Or should I hold off until some of the 997.2 get into this price range?

Thx, Neal
Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Although the description does not say so, that looks like a PSE button. I think it is odd that they include stock photos of a differently equipped car (PDK vs 6 speed). Buyer sets the price, if you love it and want to take it home, make an offer. The longer they sit on the lot, the cheaper they get. RE: CPO, always a good idea IMHO. Enjoy the search...
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 AM
Khaim3
Intermediate

Just for reference, I paid $50k three months ago for 07 c2s with CPO and similar options, 24k miles.
That is a great price
Old 05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Although the description does not say so, that looks like a PSE button. I think it is odd that they include stock photos of a differently equipped car (PDK vs 6 speed). Buyer sets the price, if you love it and want to take it home, make an offer. The longer they sit on the lot, the cheaper they get. RE: CPO, always a good idea IMHO. Enjoy the search...
If the other pics are off the actual vehicle then it has PSE, Porsche Sports Exhaust... telling signs are the different sized tail pipes. CarFax may provide an indicator as to how long it's been on the p-dealer lot.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Looks like a good deal PSE is a definite bonus.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you get it for $42K, that would be a great deal, although for a few K more, I would wait for an 'S' model. There is nothing wrong with CPO, only way to buy a pre-owned car for obvious reasons. IMO
Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM
ng311
8th Gear

hey guys, thanks for the replies. Seems like the dealer (obviously) knows theres not many (or any) other models for less with CPO, and therefore not willing to budge much. Prob could come down 1k.

Additionally. It does have PSE and its a manual, those other extra pics are in error.

Another question, if you look at the pics, it have a GT3 front bumper, but NO rear spoiler/wing. I thought all they sold was the aerokit and it came with front bumper and wing. Was there an option during MY07 for not having the wing? Or is this aftermarket? If so, I thought they don't CPO cars with aftermarket parts?

Thanks again
Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I've bought several cars from Leith and can hook you up with a good salesman there if you want a recommendation. Or I can swing by myself and check out the car if you are serious about it. Let me know via PM.

FWIW, they are a reputable dealer with a good service department. They do tend to want to make a nice, healthy profit on their cars though.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
ng311
8th Gear

sent u a pm MJBird993
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ng311
hey guys, thanks for the replies. Seems like the dealer (obviously) knows theres not many (or any) other models for less with CPO, and therefore not willing to budge much. Prob could come down 1k.

Additionally. It does have PSE and its a manual, those other extra pics are in error.

Another question, if you look at the pics, it have a GT3 front bumper, but NO rear spoiler/wing. I thought all they sold was the aerokit and it came with front bumper and wing. Was there an option during MY07 for not having the wing? Or is this aftermarket? If so, I thought they don't CPO cars with aftermarket parts?

Thanks again
They do come with the whole kit, don't you have the original MSRP with options sheet? Or you can get the VIN and see all the options with the car. It's an aftermarket front bumper and the CPO was probably done after it was CPO'ed.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I actually have been looking at that car for a few weeks. Talked to the dealer, and they told me can't go down more than $500. I'm sure if you are serious you could do better, but I haven't done any further negotiations yet as I still haven't made up my mind this is the car I want. My thought is: If I get this one, after 2 yrs (when CPO runs out), I will probably trade in/sell for a 997.2. I know the IMS probability is very very low, but once without a warranty, I might still a bit uncomfortable. I agree the previous owner probably didn't get more than $35k for the trade in, but it is one of the lowest priced CPO car on the web so far, therefore the dealer is holding it's ground.

The sport exhaust is most likely added on later, and the front bumper is the areo bumper, that's all. It doesn't have the GT areo kit package. Overall it looks pretty nice, go for it if you really like it! Currently I'm leaning towards increasing my budget a bit more and go for a 997.2 base....but I haven't ruled this one out completely yet either.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Jasper1
Advanced

I bought my '06 C2 Cab at Leith. The CPO has more than paid for itself. Leith has been very responsive and has repaired all the items that have needed attention, without any hassle.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

1) I would wonder why it has that bumper... Accidentes, Yama 1-800-ABOGADO

2) when 7.2 cars are 45k there will be a ton of us willing to ****** them up all day long. I guess I'm saying it will be a long wait. Reasoning: The 991 is great but too cushy for many. Many budget minded enthusiasts with the 996 or 7.1 are looking at the 7.2 or GT3.1 or .2 as a nice upgrade. There are fewer of those cars so the prices have remained high. So if you're waiting for a 7.2 you might be waiting awhile. The 7.1 is a great car. Don't postpone pure joy.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by php
I actually have been looking at that car for a few weeks. Talked to the dealer, and they told me can't go down more than $500.
For those following along at home, I did stop by last night and look at the car for the OP. It's a nice car, although it was dirty on the outside so I couldn't really check out the paint much. New rear tires, good fronts, the interior looked good - especially for the age and miles - except for some serious scratching on the door sills on both sides. But that's just a piece of plastic that can be easily and cheaply replaced.

The salesman told me that there has been a lot of interest on the car, which is probably the main reason that they didn't want to move much on the price. He also said that Porsche has had record sales this past quarter and in April, both new and CPO. He also said that used car prices are strong since it's so hard to find decent cars.

He had no reason to lie to me since I wasn't buying anything and apparently the OP has agreed to buy the car. Congrats to him!

You vultures can back off now.

Quick Reply: 997.1 cpo pricing?