Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2011 Carrera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I thought this car sold...such an awesome looking and equipped GTS. Outside the much more expensive Turbo only for it's power the GTS is the best street going 911 Carrera there is. Street or track it is a fun fun car with great power and awesome steering feel.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I thought this car sold...such an awesome looking and equipped GTS. Outside the much more expensive Turbo only for it's power the GTS is the best street going 911 Carrera there is. Street or track it is a fun fun car with great power and awesome steering feel.
+1. I love my GTS, and will have a hard time giving it up. I have owned it two years and by now I usually have something new, or at least seriously looking. Not with the GTS.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a bit surprised myself that it has not sold, but as yet, no one has come to see it. I've been reluctant to go the eBay route, I'd prefer to avoid the fray and sell it quietly and easily on Rennlist.

This particular GTS is a very well equipped top example of a spectacular iteration of the 911. I'll be very sorry to see it go, assuming it sells. In the mean time, I take it out of the garage on weekends to heat up the oil for a bit.

Eventually, someone will get a great car.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
I'm a bit surprised myself that it has not sold, but as yet, no one has come to see it.
If I may, you shouldn't be surprised your car hasn't sold. Do some research for GTS's for sale, and you'll find out quickly the reason why your car has not sold yet, and it's a pretty simple one: you've priced it VERY strongly, given its spec and mileage.

As you said, the market decides, and after being for sale for 3 months at $87K, your car has not sold. Seems to me that perhaps the market has spoken.

I have been casually shopping for a GTS lately, and I can tell you for certain that for close to your $87K asking price, one can get a similar GTS in the same great condition and spec as your car, but far less miles. Here's one I just found, very similar to your car, including the PDK; almost the same price you're asking but with only 4K miles. It's also a 2012, not a 2011 like your car is: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...51502798&Log=0 This is your competition for a sale. That makes your car with 23K miles a much harder sell. PDK can also be a detriment, as someone else pointed out earlier in this thread. If I'm buying a GTS, I'd rather spend close to the same asking price and get a very similar GTS but newer and with 20K miles less. Wouldn't you?

I'm not trying to crap on your car or your sale. I think the car looks great. But if you really want to sell it, you may want to do some research as to what your competitors are selling similar GTS's for, and price your car at fair market value, given it's specs and mileage. I have, and your car is wonderful and not priced to sell, in my humble opinion. After 3 months, I think others agree. If you really want to sell it quietly, and easily, you're gonna need to adjust the price significantly.

Also, what's up with the badging on the rear of your car? It looks like the "G" in the "GTS" lettering has been broken off? Or is that just a photographic fluke?

Anyway, best of luck with your gorgeous car. It really is a nice example

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 08-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
If I may, you shouldn't be surprised your car hasn't sold. Do some research for GTS's for sale, and you'll find out quickly the reason why your car has not sold yet, and it's a pretty simple one: you've priced it VERY strongly, given its spec and mileage.

As you said, the market decides, and after being for sale for 3 months at $87K, your car has not sold. Seems to me that perhaps the market has spoken.

I have been casually shopping for a GTS lately, and I can tell you for certain that for close to your $87K asking price, one can get a similar GTS in the same great condition and spec as your car, but far less miles. Here's one I just found, very similar to your car, including the PDK; almost the same price you're asking but with only 4K miles. It's also a 2012, not a 2011 like your car is: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...51502798&Log=0 This is your competition for a sale. That makes your car with 23K miles a much harder sell. PDK can also be a detriment, as someone else pointed out earlier in this thread. If I'm buying a GTS, I'd rather spend close to the same asking price and get a very similar GTS but newer and with 20K miles less. Wouldn't you?

I'm not trying to crap on your car or your sale. I think the car looks great. But if you really want to sell it, you may want to do some research as to what your competitors are selling similar GTS's for, and price your car at fair market value, given it's specs and mileage. I have, and your car is wonderful and not priced to sell, in my humble opinion. After 3 months, I think others agree. If you really want to sell it quietly, and easily, you're gonna need to adjust the price.

Also, what's up with the badging on the rear of your car? It looks like the "G" in the "GTS" lettering has been broken off? Or is that just a photographic fluke?

Anyway, best of luck with your gorgeous car. It really is a nice example
That's good and helpful feedback
Old 08-10-2013, 09:55 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The badging is just fine...as per these pics. Re market value, given the lack of a single offer, I'd say the market is silent, so far. There is a big difference between asking price and selling price.

As for the listing you linked to, I'm ASKING $3K less for my car with apparently more options (P17, 680, clear bra, radiator grills, factory painted wheels, Alcantara interior) than the one you listed, and has a longer warranty than the one you listed. Yes, the example you provided is a 2012, that the new owner will get 46,000 miles of original factory warranty for whatever remains of the original 48 months (the original inservice date - the next owner's purchase date = remaining months.) The buyer of my car will get 76,000 miles of factory warranty until April, 2017. I know which would help me feel better making that kind of investment.

So, compared to your example, my car has more options, more warranty and I'm asking less money. The way I look at it, $87K isn't out of line...but if someone wants to pay less, all they have to do is ask.

Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fbfisher
The badging is just fine...as per these pics. Re market value, given the lack of a single offer, I'd say the market is silent, so far.

So, compared to your example, my car has more options, more warranty and I'm asking less money. The way I look at it, $87K isn't out of line...but if someone wants to pay less, all they have to do is ask.

Yes, all of what you say is true. Again, not trying to bash your car or you. All I am suggesting is that if the market is "silent" after 3 months and not single offer, and you're surprised, let me tell you the reason is pricing.

Yes, the car I linked is priced ever so slightly higher than yours, and may have fewer options. It also has less of a warranty and about a whopping six times less mileage than your fine machine. Interesting to note that it, too, is also not moving at it's price point.

I don't think either car is priced outrageously. But since you say you're looking for an "easy" sale, we both know there is an easy way to find one...

Good luck to you and much success to selling your fantastic GTS. Glad you posted those close up shots of the badging because, from my computer, the original photos cut off the top of the "G" in the "GTS"
Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Yes, all of what you say is true. Again, not trying to bash your car or you. All I am suggesting is that if the market is "silent" after 3 months and not single offer, and you're surprised, let me tell you the reason is pricing.

Yes, the car I linked is priced ever so slightly higher than yours, and may have fewer options. It also has less of a warranty and about a whopping six times less mileage than your fine machine. Interesting to note that it, too, is also not moving at it's price point.

I don't think either car is priced outrageously. But since you say you're looking for an "easy" sale, we both know there is an easy way to find one...

Good luck to you and much success to selling your fantastic GTS. Glad you posted those close up shots of the badging because, from my computer, the original photos cut off the top of the "G" in the "GTS"
Man you never quit do you!

You could have just let it go but you had to continue to try and rain on his parade just to prove your "rightness"!

Makes you look very small.

Tom
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44

Makes you look very small.

Tom
If someone posts a For Sale ad that is not in the For Sale section, I assume one is looking for more than just a hand job. You can have that position, if you prefer. I posted here, and not on his For Sale ad for that reason. Others have chimed in with their 2 cents worth. If reading is your forte, you can even see for yourself.

If, as the owner suggests, he's "surprised" the car hasn't moved, and also, as he has suggested, that he's looking for a sale that will go "easily", perhaps his insecurities are less than yours and he is open to reasons as to why.

People who are loath to face reality and cannot stand a whit of truth are small. But I'm probably not telling you anything you're not already intimately familiar with. Take care
Old 08-11-2013, 07:53 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

If someone posts a For Sale ad that is not in the For Sale section, I assume one is looking for more than just a hand job. You can have that position, if you prefer. I posted here, and not on his For Sale ad for that reason. Others have chimed in with their 2 cents worth. If reading is your forte, you can even see for yourself.

If, as the owner suggests, he's "surprised" the car hasn't moved, and also, as he has suggested, that he's looking for a sale that will go "easily", perhaps his insecurities are less than yours and he is open to reasons as to why.

People who are loath to face reality and cannot stand a whit of truth are small. But I'm probably not telling you anything you're not already intimately familiar with. Take care
I guess the third times a charm with you! Pretty amazing!

You didn't as you so narcissistically state "speak the truth"....you gave your opinion (twice even when he disagreed). In essence telling him he's stupid if he doesn't see it. All cloaked in the phony "I love you car but" BS!

To save you some trouble looking it up.....here's the definition of narcissism and it fits you to a T......

1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem....sound like you?

Finally a tip for the future....Defensiveness is never pretty ........listening and considering is always a better strategy.

No problem & no charge....You're very Welcome!

Tom
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I guess the third times a charm with you! Pretty amazing!

You didn't as you so narcissistically state "speak the truth"....you gave your opinion (twice even when he disagreed). In essence telling him he's stupid if he doesn't see it. All cloaked in the phony "I love you car but" BS!

To save you some trouble looking it up.....here's the definition of narcissism and it fits you to a T......

1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem....sound like you?

Finally a tip for the future....Defensiveness is never pretty ........listening and considering is always a better strategy.

No problem & no charge....You're very Welcome!

Tom
Wow, I didn't realize I'd struck such a nerve here.

Please accept my humble apologies for upsetting you so. I know it can be hard to accept the truth, and since you felt so obligated to self-importantly include yourself into my exchange with the OP, apparently projection isn't just for IMAX theaters anymore.

Take care, Tommy. I'm sorry I hurt you. Take the cute blue car for a spin. It'll do wonders. The rest is up to you.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK, hold on, lets everybody take a breath. I take no offense to anything in this thread, so far. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, and I misused the word "easily." Easy was not a reference to the speed or time frame it would take, it had more to do with shopping the car to a market who would likely know what they are looking at. And, not having to post it on every Porsche forum out there, let alone, eBay, auto trader, etc. I did put it up on Craig's list, which generated exactly one response from a person who wanted to "steal" the car, and via email, and never responded to my reply "let's talk about it." So that's not really a legit offer, that's just somebody playing games.

Easily, as I intended, is not the same as quick. If speed of the sale was what I wanted, I surely could have priced it that way. Since this is not a "distress" sale, I've priced the car at what I think it's worth. I don't see anyone suggesting that the price I'm asking is ridiculous.

In retrospect "surprise" may not have been the best choice of words either. It occurs to me to wonder how many people are there in the market to spend this kind of money? It's stop and think money for most people. Wait, it's probably out of reach for most people in the country, so taking a while to find the person who is ready to spend $80K+ on any car is not really a surprise to me. The limited marketing I've done narrows the pool further.

I guess I just wanted it to go to a rennlist enthusiast, because of my perception that they would know what they are getting, and enjoy it as I have.

Sorry for the confusion, now who wants to buy this fabulous car, and at what price? PM me if that's you.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the price may be a little high, but most asking prices are. I don't see it as being a problem. I just became interested in buying a 997.2 a few days ago (I formerly owned the 2007 C2S in my avatar) and the GTS interests me the most. Unfortunately, I won't be in a position to buy anything for about 6 more months. If I were ready to buy right now, I'd be giving you a call. Love the GT Silver paint!

And I do agree, the market for high end cars is a small one. Posting it for sale in a 997 forum is a good way to reach a concentrated target audience.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

There's a buyer for every car. Let's let capitalism run it's course.

Quick Reply: FS: 2011 Carrera GTS