Sponsored by:

Adding Gundo Hack to my 997.2 with Fabspeed X-pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
socalgt3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding Gundo Hack to my 997.2 with Fabspeed X-pipes

Ever since I got my 997.2S with the Fabspeed X-pipe, I still felt the exhaust note was not loud or aggressive enough. I was looking at different exhaust options and have always been curious of the Gundo Hack. However I have heard that it was not as good for the 997.2 because of the additional center muffler. Since I have the X-pipe already, I decided to give it a try and luckily came across a set of Gundo mufflers with 2 inch bypass pipes locally. After installing them, I immediately noticed a significant increase in volume. The volume is not obnoxiously loud when driving around town, but once you get pass 3,500 on the rpm, it really opens up and sounds awesome! I was able to hear my friend driving the car over a block away. I was hoping some variation in the pitch of sound but the tone pretty much remained deep throughout the rev range. IMHO for a few hundred quids, this is definitely a worthwhile mod

Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Frank - Shanghai
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing Socalgt3. Very nice sound, I will go for exactly the same set-up. Enjoy in good health!!! By the way, from the video clip, it seems you don't have the PSE set-up, right ?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 AM
socalgt3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frank - Shanghai
Thanks for sharing Socalgt3. Very nice sound, I will go for exactly the same set-up. Enjoy in good health!!! By the way, from the video clip, it seems you don't have the PSE set-up, right ?
Thank you for your comment. You are right that I dont have PSE. For the 997.1, the Gundo hack is pretty much an always on PSE. For the 997.2, it is different from the PSE but it certainly raised the volume by notch!

Quick Reply: Adding Gundo Hack to my 997.2 with Fabspeed X-pipes