Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013 | 11:30 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Old 04-29-2013 | 12:49 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
this is all bull crap. most women couldn't care less what car you have so long as its clean, not a complete ****box, and doesn't break down on the way to dinner (making the range a dicey choice).

Its not like she's gonna think you're some stud because you have a 911. Any ******* with $20k can buy a 996, which she would confuse with your 997 any day of the week. It means absolutely nothing any more. These cars aren't exclusive, exotic, or extravagant. Its just a 911. Use it like any other car.

If a chick liked or didn't like you because of your car (and you are out of high school), shes more shallow than any girl I've met.
I disagree, most decent women doesn't care but there are a lot of gold diggers out there. For that reason, I would not take the 911. If the OP knows that she's a gold digger and isn't serious, just wants to get laid, sure take the 911. Girls notices what you drive. When I go clubbing (not very often but my single mid 30's friends still go all the time), I usually take the SUV. For obvious reasons, a lot of drunks and crazies out at night. The few times I took the Mercedes, I was instantly noticed. Girls came up to me and started conversations. I wonder how they knew. The clubs have balconies and they noticed you when you come in. It's sad.
Old 04-29-2013 | 01:34 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ynot
I disagree, most decent women doesn't care but there are a lot of gold diggers out there. For that reason, I would not take the 911. If the OP knows that she's a gold digger and isn't serious, just wants to get laid, sure take the 911. Girls notices what you drive. When I go clubbing (not very often but my single mid 30's friends still go all the time), I usually take the SUV. For obvious reasons, a lot of drunks and crazies out at night. The few times I took the Mercedes, I was instantly noticed. Girls came up to me and started conversations. I wonder how they knew. The clubs have balconies and they noticed you when you come in. It's sad.
girls in hs might notice what you drive, and so do gold diggers I spose. Both fall under shallow groups. That said, if you can't figure out if they fall into either category in a few minutes, you may need some work on your skills.

also, and this may come from living near NYC, a mercedes, porsche, BMW, whatever won't get you a second look from a gold digger. Minimum, bentley, ferrari, lambo, or rolls for even moderate gold diggers to be interested.
Old 04-29-2013 | 01:46 PM
A4EP
Racer

Originally Posted by SteveFromMN
I haven't been on a date in 50 years but if you take the 911 you will have a tendency to drive a little faster and corner a little faster. You won't even notice but she will get nosh is. You are not likely to get lucky after that. If you dont believe me let one of your buddy's drive you around. My wife complained and I didn't pay any attention to her.
Then I went to a Porsche driving event both my friend and I took turns as passenger. We both almost barfed. It is way different when you are the passenger.
Almost every time my wife gets in my 997 I hand her a dramamine. It solves the motion sickness nicely.

That being said I don't think handing a girl a non-descript little white pill when she sits in your car on a first date would go over very well.
Old 04-29-2013 | 01:47 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

also, and this may come from living near NYC, a mercedes, porsche, BMW, whatever won't get you a second look from a gold digger. Minimum, bentley, ferrari, lambo, or rolls for even moderate gold diggers to be interested.
LOL. So true.

The true ballers have upped their game big time in the car dept. $150K car will no longer do.
A Phantom is what an S class used to be. Still Porsches (excluing Cayenne/Pana) are still far from being commonly seen even up here in the NYC metro area. For instance if a 911 or 964 pull up next to me on the highway I check it out, if it were an M3 or S4 I would probably fail to notice it.
Old 04-29-2013 | 02:55 PM
Rocco07
Racer

I consider this at each date and normally end up taking the 911 if the weather's good. I think to her the car indicates a level of success so it's not about the car per say, but what it means to her as a potential provider. Women think long term even on the first date.
Also, a key play here is not what she thinks of the car, but what she thinks YOU think of the car. You have to play it down. Women don't want to be second to your machine. She needs to know your priorities are not out of line.
So, take it at every opportunity. Besides, your night may not be over after the date. Just don't make it a discssion point.
B
Old 04-29-2013 | 03:01 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MJBird993
You guys are funny. Not a single reply was concerned with the woman, just comments about if the choice of car would get the OP laid.

I've found that women, especially on the first few dates, don't want to get into some low sports car, especially if they are wearing a dress or a skirt. It's uncomfortable and awkward, and they want to look elegant and attractive.
Check 6 posts above yours. Agreed.
Old 04-29-2013 | 03:27 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by perfectlap
LOL. So true.

The true ballers have upped their game big time in the car dept. $150K car will no longer do.
A Phantom is what an S class used to be. Still Porsches (excluing Cayenne/Pana) are still far from being commonly seen even up here in the NYC metro area. For instance if a 911 or 964 pull up next to me on the highway I check it out, if it were an M3 or S4 I would probably fail to notice it.
well, I sorta disagree. I see 911s all the time. Older air cooled ones...not so much...but then golddiggers and the like know new cars and old cars, and a 964 won't get you a glance.

Originally Posted by Rocco07
I consider this at each date and normally end up taking the 911 if the weather's good. I think to her the car indicates a level of success so it's not about the car per say, but what it means to her as a potential provider. Women think long term even on the first date.
B
Total nonsense. A smart woman knows that even low income/low net worth people can lease fairly expensive cars through the wonders of debt. If a car indicates a level of success to a woman, she's not very bright.

Do a quick google on 30k millionaires and you can see that a fairly fancy car or few other toys means absolutely nothing.
Old 04-29-2013 | 05:10 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

The last girl I seriously dated loved my 911. She just didn't realize that it was in fact a Cayman.

That being said, she would complain that it was really difficult to get out of. If I had an SUV or sedan, I woud have driven that when going out with her.
Old 04-29-2013 | 05:14 PM
zirrah
Drifting

this is all bull crap. most women who are worth anyones time couldn't care less what car you have so long as its clean, not a complete ****box, and doesn't break down on the way to dinner (making the range a dicey choice).

Its not like she's gonna think you're some stud because you have a 911. Any ******* with $20k can buy a 996, which she would confuse with your 997 any day of the week. It means absolutely nothing any more. These cars aren't exclusive, exotic, or extravagant. Its just a 911. Use it like any other car.

If a chick liked or didn't like you because of your car (and you are out of high school), shes more shallow than any girl I've met.
Fixed. Lol
Old 04-29-2013 | 05:40 PM
Rocco07
Racer

Smile

well, I sorta disagree. I see 911s all the time. Older air cooled ones...not so much...but then golddiggers and the like know new cars and old cars, and a 964 won't get you a glance.

Total nonsense. A smart woman knows that even low income/low net worth people can lease fairly expensive cars through the wonders of debt. If a car indicates a level of success to a woman, she's not very bright.

Do a quick google on 30k millionaires and you can see that a fairly fancy car or few other toys means absolutely nothing.
"Total nonsense?" I didn't say it was an absolute. But it's definitely not "total nonsense." You're not living in this economy if you think they're not paying attention. It's an indicator, but it's not the only one.
Old 04-29-2013 | 05:55 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

they may be paying attention, but if they are smart, it won't be to your car
Old 04-29-2013 | 06:15 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

if the chick makes issue of your car, move on anyway. seriously. it's a car... unless she views it as a ***** extension and a deficiency on your part.
Old 04-29-2013 | 06:40 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by islandtrader
I know most of you guys are married here, but for those that are single what has your experiences been taking it on a first date? Most women seem a little too intimidated by it and ask too many questions. I going out tonight and thinking of just taking the range rover instead. Haven't had much luck with the 911.
I only pray you'll be drinking....

take a taxi
Old 04-29-2013 | 06:57 PM
Marioshi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Single guys taking dating advice from married men.......it's like a heart surgeon asking a gas station attendant if he's doing it right!!!!

Tom
Better than single guys taking advice from single guys. At least with a married guy you can assume he did it right at least once!

Quick Reply: To take 911 on first date?