Sponsored by:

Alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Alignment help

Three years ago I had Damptronics installed on my car in Orange County and then aligned and corner balanced. I was astounded at the improvement in handling, and the tire wear has been great ever since. I had the car lowered about 3/4" with the Damptronics, and the alignment was set as follows:
Front Toe: +5'
Front Camber: -3/4 deg each side

Rear Toe: +20'
Rear Camber: -1.5 deg each side

After recently re-installing my Damptronics due to getting them repaired, I had another alignment and corner balance done, in Canada. I asked the shop to set the alignment the same as before. The alignment info provided to me is:
Front left toe IN: -1.00 mm
Front right toe IN: -1.00 mm
Rear left toe IN: 2mm
Rear right toe IN: 2mm
I wasn't given any camber info.

I don't know how to compare the mm settings with degrees/minutes.

Can someone explain if the new alignment (at least Toe IN) is anywhere near the previous settings, as it appears I now have toe out, which I would think would make the car not track in a straight line too well (although it isn't noticeably bad so far).

BTW, the new corner balance looks fine. I don't track my car, but like to drive enthusiastically and would like to continue getting the good tire wear I've experienced so far.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm sure others will chime in eventually but you might get (a LOT) more replies over in the GT section. they eat this stuff up.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
i'm sure others will chime in eventually but you might get (a LOT) more replies over in the GT section. they eat this stuff up.
Good idea. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Alignment help