Sponsored by:

FS: IMS Guardian Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:12 AM
zeeeeeee
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: IMS Guardian Jr.

I have a brand new IMS Guardian Jr. for sale. It is still in the box. I got it a few weeks ago after having to wait about 4 or 5 weeks after placing the order. I know there is a backlog on these. I paid $259 + shipping. I am selling it for the same price + shipping ($15). PM if interested.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Why are you selling it after waiting so long to get it?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Refresh my memory what's the difference of the "Jr" model?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
caymanino
1st Gear

If you can ship to Italy it's mine. Please let me know the freight cost. Do you accept Paypal?

Francesco
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't even know what this is, so I looked it up on the website...obviously I have no affiliation, blah, blah..

"The IMS Guardian Jr. provides a universal fit for all vehicles equipped with an M96 or M97 engine from 1997-2008. Installation requires customization and improvisation, as it is up to the end user to find his or her preferred installation location. This is not a bolt-on product! Those wanting perfect integration with 97 through 05 vehicles should use the IMS Guardian Sr. Uses a combo buzzer/warning light as shown (red) that can be installed in multiple locations."

After looking at the website, I still don't know what it is...
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
zer026T
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
I don't even know what this is, so I looked it up on the website...obviously I have no affiliation, blah, blah..

"The IMS Guardian Jr. provides a universal fit for all vehicles equipped with an M96 or M97 engine from 1997-2008. Installation requires customization and improvisation, as it is up to the end user to find his or her preferred installation location. This is not a bolt-on product! Those wanting perfect integration with 97 through 05 vehicles should use the IMS Guardian Sr. Uses a combo buzzer/warning light as shown (red) that can be installed in multiple locations."

After looking at the website, I still don't know what it is...
The founders of LN Engineering + Flat 6 Innovations were in Toronto this past weekend and the Toronto Rennlisters had the opportunity to ask questions about their products. The IMS Guardian is essentially an early warning system for IMS failure. A couple of magnetic poles, mounted somewhere where engine oil circulates, would provide a warning when enough ferrous metal builds up to form a circuit between the two poles (e.g. if an IMS bearing is releasing metal into the oil and is about to fail). The IMS Guardian will go off, indicating that you should shut your car off immediately, to avoid potential engine failure. Jake (founder of Flat 6) said he modelled this after his time working with a similar helicopter warning system during his time with the Navy. Very interesting history behind it. I don't know the difference the Junior + Senior versions as it isn't explained on their website.

Last edited by zer026T; 04-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM
aviography
Drifting

Check out post #8 of this thread http://986forum.com/forums/general-d...r-discuss.html
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM
aviography
Drifting

The technology is called "chip detector" in aviation to detect ferrous metal chips, the two magnetic poles are mounted on the oil drain plug, the ferrious metal chips will be attracted to the two poles, if there are enough ferrous particles then they will bridge the two electrical contacts to complete an electric circuit, this will then trigger the alarm.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:23 AM
mpclimber
Instructor

Thread bump. I've got one listed in the classifieds if anyone missed out on this one.

Quick Reply: FS: IMS Guardian Jr.