Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM 3.0 Update - Any discs still out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Mr.Bacon
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PCM 3.0 Update - Any discs still out there?

This is my first post so I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum...

That being said I'm looking for the the PCM 3.0 Update disc for the 997.2. I recently purchased a Porsche Racing Green launch edition 997.2 S and I noticed that the firmware version is still displaying a version of V. From what I can tell that means the firmware has never been updated.

I'm running into a few relatively minor issues that the firmware update should address. Among them is an bug that won't allow me to set the year section of the date past '05.

If anyone has a disc out there or knows where I can get my hands on one please let me know. Suncoast doesn't seem to have them for sale any longer.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

First, congrats on the new car! Pictures are mandatory. No, seriously, they are.

Second, have you tried your local dealer? I don't know about this specific version of the PCM, but if you just want the latest and greatest, they should do it for you. And if it's a 997.2, you likely are still under warranty and they'll do it for free.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Mr.Bacon
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, my dealer will probably be able to take care of it for me but they are located a decent drive away from I actually live. Since Suncoast was originally selling it for like 12 bucks it would have made more sense to just pick up a copy.

Anyways, here are a couple pictures of my new ride....I'm loving it so far. I'm going to take a few nicer, non-phone shots once once the weather improves.

Name:  xN0tzGH.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  575.4 KB
Name:  UvOHbWc.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  279.2 KB

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Update - Any discs still out there?