997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable DC Metro Service Provider?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013 | 04:19 PM
kronik
6th Gear

Default Reputable DC Metro Service Provider?

Just hit 20k on my 09 4S, quoted 1k from Tysons Porsche. Unfortunately I view that as flat out unreasonable for an oil change and some filter replacements. I have a call into Specialty Services in Arlington but I figured I'd ask the Rennies for recommendations.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013 | 08:46 PM
daberlin
Racer

Yikes! Well, I'm in DC next week. For $100 in parts and a six pack of beer, I can do filters and an oil change on your car in 45 minutes. No joke. You are getting jacked if that's all they are doing for $1k. I just did the 20k service on my '09 C2. It was incredibly easy.
Old 04-09-2013 | 09:29 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Whatever you do, do not use Arlington Porsche (a few waarnings on this board). Check out Intersport in McLean - independent with some good press here.
Old 04-09-2013 | 11:43 PM
Spoddle
Rennlist Member

I take my car here: http://www.autosportsystems.net and have nothing but good things to say about them.
Old 04-10-2013 | 10:12 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Intersport in Tysons, TPC and At Speed in Jessup, IMA and Autothority in Chantilly, and ASG in Fairfax. all will probably be around the same price and hopefully a lot less than a stealership. do some research and decide which you'd rather go to.

but as mentioned in a post above your best option is to do it yourself. VERY easy and much cheaper.
Old 04-10-2013 | 10:24 AM
mp3moose
Instructor

I usually go to Currys but will have to check out ASG.
Old 04-10-2013 | 04:45 PM
chuckla
Racer

Default Chapman AutoWerks

On the advice of a friend who has used Chapman for years, I took my 06 C4S there this week for an oil change etc at 50K miles. The shop is in Sterling, VA and I live in MD and work in DC so it was not as convenient as going to Rockville (however, the very worst!). I think it's the smartest thing that I have done with my car in years. They diagnosed a number of things (cracked coil, water pump replacement, new front rotors, etc) and the bill was much higher than expected. But, some of this work would need to have been done at 60K miles, and they did things my dealer mechanics never did like clean the radiator. Taylor and Andrew are great guys and, I swear on a stack of der Vorgangers, the car drives 100% better. Took me back to the day when I used to go to John Stein's shop on Union St in Wilmington DE.
Old 04-11-2013 | 06:49 PM
kronik
6th Gear

Thanks for all the recs! Knew you guys would be able to help. I've taken my car to Curry's previously for my Pilot Super Sports, good guys over there.

daberlin, if you're serious, I'd actually love to learn how to do it myself (with adult supervision). I'll shoot you a PM.
Old 04-11-2013 | 07:56 PM
daberlin
Racer

Originally Posted by kronik
Thanks for all the recs! Knew you guys would be able to help. I've taken my car to Curry's previously for my Pilot Super Sports, good guys over there.

daberlin, if you're serious, I'd actually love to learn how to do it myself (with adult supervision). I'll shoot you a PM.
Writing you back now. We can set something up for next week to get you sorted out.

Quick Reply: Reputable DC Metro Service Provider?