Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud driver side ventilated seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 AM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Loud driver side ventilated seat?

Just bought a '12 997 C2S Cab w/1400 miles, had it delivered Monday. Really enjoying the car so far. Testing out everything to make a list of any issues to have service look at. So far a bad rattling heat/AC vent and a squeaky convertible top that from what I read from searching here shouldn't be a problem getting fixed under warranty.

One issue that I can't diagnose is a problem with the driver's side ventilated seat. When activating the passenger side it seems to operate normally and silently. However when turning on the driver's side I hear a "psssssst" air sound coming from behind the seat, fairly loud too. Couldn't dig up anything on the search here about a similar problem. Anyone have any ideas? Hose from the air pump to the seat leaking?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Not sure if they're the same as in your car but the vented seats in my 09' do have some noticeably normal sound when the vents are turned on (especially at maxed vent), however the noise level observed from both passenger and driver sides are the same...that being said, if you do notice the driver side sounding louder than norm, take it to the dealer and get checked anything abnormal should be under warranty.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
j lok
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a '09 C2 which i bought last summer as a CPO, my driver's seat ventilation is a bit loud as well. Has not really bothered me enough to bring the car in for just that. I'm still covered by original factory warranty for another month as well.

If you do have the dealer look at it, please post a follow-up.

Thanks
John

Last edited by j lok; 04-04-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The only issues I've had from my ventilation is you can feel a bit of vibration from the fans when on the highest setting.

if there is a noticeable hissing sound you should see if the system is clogged or has debris in it. Its just a fan that sucks air through the holes in the seat leather and vents out the back. If a large amount of the holes are clogged (or you are wearing leather pants and jacket where the suction cannot pull air through all the holes) - then you may get some hissing.

Wear natural fibers to get the best results from the ventilation.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That maybe it. I was testing it out in heavy pants and a winter parka (still damn cold here in NY).

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a small hole or slightly loose bracket in the plastic tube that shoots the air into the seat. Since you have warranty, add it to the list for Dealer to look at it.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CORSASCHNELL
Sounds like a small hole or slightly loose bracket in the plastic tube that shoots the air into the seat.
The ventilated seats don't shoot air into the seat. They suck air out of the seat - pull it from your body through the seat and vent it out the back, where the system is mounted.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Misdirection
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My C2S is somewhat noisy, and that is normal, I'm told. Sounds a bit like a quiet vacuum cleaner.

Quick Reply: Loud driver side ventilated seat?