Sponsored by:

Cabin lights remain on

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CORSASCHNELL
Back to the original problem, this light staying on for 2 minutes more or less should not drain a 1 year old battery. I think you either had a defective battery or not driving the car very frequently. My Indy mechanic tells me if a modern 911 is not driven for more than 10 days, one should seriously consider a battery maintainer (aka trickle charger) or face changing batteries frequently.
I drive the car 3 or 4 times during the week and at least once every weekend, spring, summer, fall, and winter. Granted, in the winter time the drives are shorter - often not much longer than it takes to get the oil up to temp - but I am frequently driving. I put 6500 miles on in the last 12 months.

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
I do this now since I had some battery issues a few years ago stemming from my Tooki Bluetooth module. My car is always locked.
Do you have any aftermarket accessories installed that could be causing the drain?
I've got a Parrot Bluetooth phone thingamabob. It was in there when I bought the car. It seems to power off when the key is out of the ignition, but I guess that could be culprit... How might I find out?

Quick Reply: Cabin lights remain on