Sponsored by:

OEM PCM iphone 5 Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts
Default OEM PCM iphone 5 Connectors?

Anyone been able to connect their iPhone 5 to their PCM's yet? I haven't heard yet if Porsche has released an updated cord yet and since my car is a '09 I don't have the ability to steam BT like my wife '11 Panamera to the PCM so the only work around I've found so far? A small BT steaming connector that streams to my old USB iPod connector from the BT on my iPhone 5. Works okay but often the connection interrupts and can't use PCM to control my iPhone as well as no ability to charge the phone using the OEM PCM iPhone/iPod cord yet.

Its a work around but not the best...just wondered what any of you have done or heard. Cost wasn't bad...Amazon.com for $35.

Amazon.com: Bluetooth iRX Wireless A2DP Music iPhone/iPod Speaker Dock Receiver Adapter, Instantly upgrade popular Apple speaker docks to wireless music players, Free your iPhones, iPads, iPod, Android phones, Window phones and any Smartphone from the music stations. Store up to 7 music devices, great for family members. Work for popular of iPod speaker docks such as JBL, Bose, Beats, Philips, Sony, iHome, iLUV, Sharp, Logitech, Samsung, AT&T...etc.: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth iRX Wireless A2DP Music iPhone/iPod Speaker Dock Receiver Adapter, Instantly upgrade popular Apple speaker docks to wireless music players, Free your iPhones, iPads, iPod, Android phones, Window phones and any Smartphone from the music stations. Store up to 7 music devices, great for family members. Work for popular of iPod speaker docks such as JBL, Bose, Beats, Philips, Sony, iHome, iLUV, Sharp, Logitech, Samsung, AT&T...etc.: MP3 Players & Accessories

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 06-16-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

why don't you just get the dock to lightening adapter that apple sells? it works fine in my 09 and you can control via pcm.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
why don't you just get the dock to lightening adapter that apple sells? it works fine in my 09 and you can control via pcm.
+1 Just get the 30 pin to lightening adapter cable and plug-in to previous iDevice cable. My experience has been it usually works but sometimes have had it not read the tracks from iPhone 5, haven't tried this year yet.

Check out monoprice.com, but they are out of stock now. So Apple store it is.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The 30 pin to lightning seems to work well on my 997.2. No problems noticed.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Yet anothercrisis
The 30 pin to lightning seems to work well on my 997.2. No problems noticed.
+1

Quick Reply: OEM PCM iphone 5 Connectors?