Afterhours Gen2 Muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
JDubya
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afterhours Gen2 Muffler...

Hello,

I'm new to Porsche and had my 2006 C2S for a couple weeks and finally pulled the trigger on an exhaust. I was pretty set on GMG from the beginning, based on the research I did in my Audi days, but after listening to the YouTube vids (I know, I know... not realistic), it seems a little on the loud screamer side. I came across AfterHours (similar design to GMG) and decided to go with the Gen2 mufflers, which are supposed to be a lot quieter than the Gen1 mufflers. They are due to arrive tomorrow, but in the last couple days, I've found a few threads saying the AH mufflers are pretty loud too. Has anyone had or heard BOTH of these in person? Or even better, is there anyone in the Atlanta area with either one who'd be willing to meet up so I can hear them? I was also considering AWE (also based on my Audi days research), so I'd love to hear them in person too, if possible.

I've been on car forums (350z, STI, S5, & M3) long enough to know that everyone hates the age-old "I wanna buy an exhaust" thread, but hopefully this one is specific enough, because I'm asking about 3 in particular and if someone in the ATL area would be willing to let me hear theirs in person.

So who can help a brotha out?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
BigRed911
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Cargraphic sport sound awesome! Civil at idle and cruising speeds but when you put the hammer down they come alive!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

I have Cargraphic sides and Sharkwerks centre bypass. Love it, can't wait to start her up this Saturday after storing past few months.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:46 PM
JDubya
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... Cargraphics, huh? I didn't consider them. Of course, neither of you are in or around Atlanta, right? Just my luck...

Quick Reply: Afterhours Gen2 Muffler...