Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering springs, where and what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
bigfish1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering springs, where and what to buy?

I am looking at lowering my 09 base cab and see that there are tech art, eibach and h@r lowering springs. My question is are tech art and eibach the same spring? and which eibach are people using, the sport or pro kit? I have been shopping on the sharkworks site, very pleased, but the springs are $695. If i do a general search both the eibach springs and h@r springs seem to be around $300. And what are the diffrences between eibach and H@R springs.. Just looking for my best deal for lowering the car with a quality product.

thanks guy's
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

My spring knowledge in a nutshell. I believe Techart is said to have proprietary spring rates versus the Eibach. H&R is surely the lowest, although many will say too low for the PASM dampers and could perhaps prematurely damage them. If I'm not mistaken both H&R and Eibach are actually softer spring rates than the stock springs.

I had H&R on my last C2S and it really looked fantastic. That said, with the aerokit especially it was frighteningly low for around town driving. I'm on stock springs with my current aero C2S and will likely stay that way this time around.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Same car as you (non PASM), got the Eibach pro kit and I'm very happy. Ride quality is not compromised and car is at a decent ride height. I put spacers on it as well and it looks great. I have some pics at home that I can post tomorrow.

Quick Reply: lowering springs, where and what to buy?