Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy '06-'07...Q's about warranties, DME, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013 | 05:47 AM
BeachDoc
8th Gear

Default Looking to buy '06-'07...Q's about warranties, DME, etc.

I'm hoping to buy my first pcar in the next few weeks, though I want to make sure I cover my bases. I have been looking for a few months and i have tried to read the forum to educate myself, though I'm still fuzzy about the following:

1. I would strongly prefer buying a CPO for my first pcar, though I'm not sure if that will require me to get a '07/'08 or newer? I read about checking when the card was "punched", though I'm not sure of the parameters of that. I also read that CPO coverage will run about $2500...but not sure the yr/mileage limit.

2. If I don't get a CPO, I still would like a warranty. I have read that there are a range of good/bad 3rd party options out there, though I have no idea about what it should cost. Will the cost of Inclusion v. Exclusion plans vary significantly?

3. For a '06 or '07...what threshold should I have for the DME report? Deal breakers from the PPI?

4. I'm hoping to keep the mileage <40k, though I see a few 50k-60k out there. I don't want a garage queen, but I'm not sure if 50k-60k is too high to consider. Thoughts? My goal is to use this as a DD, 12k-ish mi/yr, and hold onto it for 3-5+ yrs...unless I fall in love w a TT.

5. Last but not least..since I'm looking mostly at pcars w. 35k-40k for mileage, is it reasonable to try and get the dealer to do the 40k maintenance stuff before I buy it?

I'm considering an '06 S, '07 S, and '07 Targa 4. The Targa is the dark horse for me bc I dig the look, but they are so few and far between...and S will be out of my price range.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-19-2013 | 06:57 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

If I were in the market I'd buy PHX's 911 he has for sale in a heartbeat! 2009 S Cab beautiful!!

Tom

Quick Reply: Looking to buy '06-'07...Q's about warranties, DME, etc.