Sponsored by:

Center Locking Wheel Socket

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
fwheelerjr
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Locking Wheel Socket

I recently purchase a 2012 Carrera GTS with the center locking wheels. The very expensive removal socket was not in the front trunk floor tool kit. When I asked about the socket, I was told to check the front trunk floor tool kit. After I told them I checked, I stopped by and the salesman unsuccessfully checked the same area. He later called me and told me that some "manager" told him to tell me the cars did not come with the socket and it had to be ordered separately; and, that I could purchase it as "cost."

Am I wrong about this?

By the way, the entire set of factory manuals and documents could not be found and are on order at their expense.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

The socket comes with the car. It's in its own compartment behind a door in the lower left corner of the back wall of the trunk. Open the door and you'll find it, or an empty circular recess where is should reside. Why anyone would keep this when trading in the care is beyond me. There is no other use for it than removing the center nut.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
fwheelerjr
Cruisin'

Thanks. I am going to thoroughly search the trunk again. Ironically, they didn't know where it was, checked the trunk themselves, and then offered to SELL me one for about $220; their costs.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Is the car new or used? The only plausible excuse is that a mechanic used the socket and never put it back. It COMES with the car, just like the keys and owner's manuals. If your buying this car from a Porsche dealer, this is particularly unacceptable.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
fwheelerjr
Cruisin'

I agree. I've started my unhappy PCNA email and hitting the send button TODAY if that socket isn't in there.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

This shows you how little these shops know about these cars. This socket comes with the car. Always did. Of course, beyond that, there is little in the tool kit (like a breaker bar or large torque wrench). Stand your ground. This would be like not including the owners' manual or all of the keys that went with the car.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fwheelerjr
Thanks. I am going to thoroughly search the trunk again. Ironically, they didn't know where it was, checked the trunk themselves, and then offered to SELL me one for about $220; their costs.
The owner's manual should tell you where to look for it.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
fwheelerjr
Cruisin'

I FOUND IT! I'm amazed that I didn't see that panel every time I opened the hood. I want to say that the colors match perfectly, the panel alignment is perfect, and I didn't get the manual; but, they would all be lame excuses. I just didn't see it!

Again, they didn't know where it was either?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Center Locking Wheel Socket