Sponsored by:

iPhone mount to control GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Berringer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default iPhone mount to control GoPro

What are you guys doing to mount your iPhone when used as a remote for your GoPro? I looked at ProClip, but it seems like there would be a better option. I have no intention of using anything that will mar my full leather, but it would be nice to be able to glance at the screen and easily and quickly tap to record and stop. Thoughts?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Berringer,
I installed a Steelie fro Nite Ize on my phone and on my car. Got a second car mount for my Grand Wagoneer. Works perfect
They have three different styles. Just have to find a place to stick it on your car
http://www.niteize.com/Steelie
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

That devise looks like a super solution at keeping the 'remote' handy when controlling the GoPro.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

I use it to mount my phone anytime I am in my car. Holds the phone in any position you put it so it works great vertically for phone or horizontal when using the gps on my iphone. When I am done it just pops off since it's just a magnet
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the car mount do you have to "stick" the concave receiving piece somewhere by removing the 3M backing and sticking it down? Then the little receiving "cup" is always visable and stuck to your dash or somewhere in the car?

Am I understanding this correctly? It's interesting but I don't want to stick something to my interior that I would ultimately have to be removed at some point.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark,
Yes, here is the process. You stick a clear (almost like a screen protector but small and round) on the back of your phone. You stick a little magnet to that. Phone is done.
The Steelie I used is the one that is for the car. It is about 3/4" around the base and it sticks somewhere on your car with 3M. It's about an inch tall. I put mine in the small wedge of plastic under my left most radio ****. It isn't a perfect solution but I love how easy the thing is to use. I just get in the car and stick it on. My ipod cable reaches it which is great and the position allows me to see the screen while using GPS.

Quick Reply: iPhone mount to control GoPro