997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light 2006 997.1

Old 08-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Spoddle
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only had the 805A fault when my sensors failed.

Originally Posted by jdmcrna
Thank you for the great information about your airbag error code. I have a 06 997s with 3 error codes.
805A passenger front sensor no communication
C152 Communication PSM control unit (drive)
C158 Communication gateway control unit (CAN drive)

Just curious, did you have all three errors? Or just the one 805A?

Trying to figure my airbag system failure errors. Thanks for your help and excellent post and pictures!!

JD
Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 PM
fatfat
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Bag Warning light ON

hi all, after getting my car running replaced my car battery, and a fuel pump relay switch.

now i have following via Durametric.

1/ 8016 - Passenger airbag OFF light short circuit to ground.
2/ C152 Communication PSM contril unit (drive).
3/ C140 Communication instrument cluster (display)

please advise of any resolutions, and thank you in advance. my car made it to work in an ice storm this morning in Toronto so good to go other than the KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:11 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just reset them via Durametric or dealer. These things pop up when you replace the battery.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:59 AM
fatfat
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, your correct. i reset with Dura but codes came back.

second try, i disconnected battery got it fully charged as it is a month old. reset it again with Dura and back to normal on dash.

now car start first crank but the rpm seesaws a bit for a split second. iam guessing bank 1 spark plugs with 40,000km on them, and bank 2 plugs are new. i have no clue just guessing but this issue is new after replacing my defective fuel pump relay switch.

bank 3 cylinder #6 bored scored oil soak reason for replacement but i did all 3, should of done only #6.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Britjunkie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my airbag light. I have an 08 carrera that has the instrument panel airbag light on. When I pull the DTC's I get no errors, but the light remains on. I don't know how to proceed. Checked the obvious connections under the seat and disconnected the battery but the offending light remains on. Anyone???
Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You need Durametric or a trip to the dealer to clear the airbag light. If the reason the light came on in the first place is still present, the light will come back on. More likely than not you fixed whatever the problem was and now just need to clear the light.

For example, I swapped out my seat belts for a new pair because the retract springs were so shot you hand to feed the seat belt back into it's slot every time. The job was pretty easy to do. But of course I forgot to plug in the cable on the passenger side. So the airbag light came on on the dash when I put the key into the ignition. Pulled out durametric and cleared the airbag light. It came back on right away. Checked the error code with Durametric - passenger seat belt. Found the unplugged cable, plugged it back in, and cleared the airbag light again with Durametric. This time it stayed off.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Britjunkie
Intermediate

Thanks semicycler, I'm afraid that's what happened. Loose tools under the pax seat. Looks like a $100 trip to the stealership.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:47 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

When performing this I was unable to disconnect the left drivers side sensor nor that weird connector on the right side that is purple.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:12 PM
signature65
Instructor

For anyone who has the front sensors in the front bumper go bad. You don’t need to remove the whole bumper to replace. Pull out the turn signal/fog lights and your have good access. Takes 10mins to R/R the sensors this way.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 PM
joecdb2
3rd Gear

Thumbs up 805A code

Originally Posted by Spoddle
Fixed... installed two new front airbag A sensors and cleared the codes. After running a few errands the fault has not returned.
Hi
I also got 805A, you mind share your ordering info and how to replace them. Are they inside the frunk or outside in the fender areas
Beer's on me
;-))
Joe in Orange County CA

Old 11-16-2019, 10:00 AM
guppychao
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone in the md/dc/va have a durametric to clear?
Old 02-04-2020, 01:54 AM
joecdb2
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Spoddle
Front airbag sensors ordered... total came to $181.72 shipped for two. I'll hopefully receive them by this weekend and knock out installing them and report back.
Hi Spoddle
Please share where you purchased the sensors and details how to replace them
Thanks so much
Old 06-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Duckstu
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found this thread helpful,.. but could not figure out in my mind where the sensors were.

So I took pics.

My car is an '07 997.1 Turbo.

Here's the old one, sitting just above where it normally lives. I have the duct-work off the passenger side radiators in this pic. I had to remove the duct, and then loosen the rads to get to the sensor bolts.

Which is just as well,.. as a huge amount of leaves, cigarette butts etc came out of each side.

Here's what came out of the driver's side.

The following users liked this post:
Firedome48 (03-07-2022)
Old 07-16-2020, 07:14 AM
997turboFIN
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I switched my steering wheel to newer model and got it coded. All went well.

BUT now few days after it I got airbag light on. Durametric is giving 805a code. Some of you have changed sensors on front bumper and some to side of passenger. How to know which one is it?

I have never had any airbag issues so I was quite a bit suprised that this came just days after I got new steering wheel / new steering control module.. Just thinking are these relates or just bad luck.

I have durametric and cleared codes but it popped out again..
Old 07-16-2020, 10:41 AM
ejabour
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Funny, I just had this code pop up also. On my scan Durametric says specifically "Passenger's front sensor" so I assumes that is the A sensor behind the front bumper. The part is on it's way so I'm hoping that fixes the issue.

Originally Posted by 997turboFIN
I switched my steering wheel to newer model and got it coded. All went well.

BUT now few days after it I got airbag light on. Durametric is giving 805a code. Some of you have changed sensors on front bumper and some to side of passenger. How to know which one is it?

I have never had any airbag issues so I was quite a bit suprised that this came just days after I got new steering wheel / new steering control module.. Just thinking are these relates or just bad luck.

I have durametric and cleared codes but it popped out again..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airbag light 2006 997.1