Sponsored by:

997.1 LED Day Time Running Light Install Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
caunyd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caunyd
I have a 987 Cayman with a GT3 front bumper. The current 997 lights on this car function fine without error codes. Do you think I can simply swap them out like you did in the video without any problem or error codes showing up?
Also, how do the lights correlate? I think the Cayman only has 3 lights (headlight, turn signal, and fog light). What part of your light correlates to the fog light? Also, both the Cayman turn signal and headlights are in 1 unit, so would I be able to disconnect the cables from the turn signal and plug them into yours? What does your 3rd light correlate to?

Here's link of a Cayman with a GT3 bumper
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCEQ9QEwAg
Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

no the 997 turbo lights i have on pre order for 750.00 im trying to get 10 orders to get the lights here from Hong Kong
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Also, how do the lights correlate? I think the Cayman only has 3 lights (headlight, turn signal, and fog light). What part of your light correlates to the fog light? Also, both the Cayman turn signal and headlights are in 1 unit, so would I be able to disconnect the cables from the turn signal and plug them into yours? What does your 3rd light correlate to?

Anytime your adding a different bumper to the car your going have to get custom with the wiring install.

I have no personally done one of these cars but the lights fit the 997.1 GT3 bumpers i know for a fact.

I would assume you will need to tie the marker light to the side lights, the Turn signal tab to the factory and the Fog to the OEM fog harness. In some cases you may need to cut the existing plugs to do so and solder the wires direct.
The lights have red and black wire codes which red is positive and black is negative. I would also presume if your capable of swapping the bumpers a little electrical should not be that hard after you have modified a car to that level.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
caunyd
Advanced

Originally Posted by DELREYCUSTOMS
Anytime your adding a different bumper to the car your going have to get custom with the wiring install.

I have no personally done one of these cars but the lights fit the 997.1 GT3 bumpers i know for a fact.

I would assume you will need to tie the marker light to the side lights, the Turn signal tab to the factory and the Fog to the OEM fog harness. In some cases you may need to cut the existing plugs to do so and solder the wires direct.
The lights have red and black wire codes which red is positive and black is negative. I would also presume if your capable of swapping the bumpers a little electrical should not be that hard after you have modified a car to that level.
Well even in a 997.1, there are still just 3 lights: the headlights, fog lights, and turn signal. The fog lights and turn signal can account for 2 lights in your LED, but where does the 3rd light come from (it's certainly not the headlights). Does the side marker lighting come into play? Is that the 3rd light? And if that's the case, if the side marker lights go to your LED, then do they not light up or work (since their wiring is diverted to your LED)?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:27 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

the bumper light has a T-10 which piggy backs on the side marker on the 997 there is a small bulb in the same housing as the for bulb that is a running light.

Fog light H11 and turn signal.

The turn signal will need to be cut and piggy backed onto the turn bulb in the head light assembly or you can extend the socket down it you don't want it in the head light anymore cut the wire about 2 inch back from the socket, extend the wires down and splice them to the turn signal on the DTR. leave the socket in the head light housing to keep the lamp sealed so water wont leak in, you may also way to seal the led DTR housing up as well for this mod.

The cayman does not have the extra parking light bulb linked to the side markers like the 997 have. so on theses light you could clip the t-10 end off and extend the wire up to the side markers and splice them in there so when the side markers are illuminated it will also illuminate the small strip in between the 2 led panels. I just got done looking at a Cayman we did the side markers on today and i think this answers your question.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 AM
caunyd
Advanced

The Cayman has parking lights (a small bulb with the circular fog lights). Does that come into play?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

yes that would attach to the t-10 d-nut fitting i wish you would post some pictures on what plugs you have at the fog light assembly now
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 AM
caunyd
Advanced

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/caym...-body-kit.html

Here's a "how to install" article to make the conversion to a GT3 bumper on a Cayman. If you scroll down far enough, you'll see 2 pictures of the assembly. Can you take a look to see if this helps to answer if your light would work in such a set up?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
caunyd
Advanced

Shane do you have a picture of the back of your light? Thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 05:20 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Default back of light

I can shoot you a photo. Out of town working right now be back in LA on Monday
Old 01-22-2014, 05:00 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Default Del Rey Customs Install Challange www.delreycustoms.com

Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DELREYCUSTOMS
These are not Rotec.

These are OSRAM Sylvania manufactured at there main plant in Taiwan.

$485.00 Shipped.
Are these the same as the ones on eBay for approx. $300 also made in Taiwan?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2005-2009-Por...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1
Old 01-23-2014, 03:00 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

not that I'm aware of. We offer a 1 year exchange warranty and we have not had any issues in the 100 plus sets we sell. The ebay one i have had customers bring in for install then be back with in 30 days with problems. also on ebay offers 30 day exchange and if they do go bad there really isn't any warranty unless you want to kill 3 weeks + and an arm and a leg to ship them to and from Taiwan.

We stand behind our warranty and we offer the best quaintly parts we can.

After reviewing the eBay post those are not the same lights as we carry. the part number is different part number and a different manufacture and your only getting a 30 day exchange. 85.00 to ship to Canada.

not that great of a deal if you think about it

check out our website
https://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/...running-lights
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM
WestCan997
Instructor

PM sent about shipping to Canada.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member